Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

amul Amul Kumar Photography
Chicago, IL
Website

Hello, folks!

I've noticed that my meager head-sculpting skills tend to make the bear heads look more like cats or rats. Thinking about this, I realized that there's very little difference between these types of animals. Mostly it's just a question of snout-shape and ear-shape (cats have pointy ears).

I'm curious to know what other types of animals people have made using a bear design and a few alterations.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Amul, another one you could try is a rabbit.  The muzzles are alot shorter (some are almost flat), add an upsidedown triangle nose and longs ears and hay presto a bunny (sounds easy dosen't it! bear_grin )

Hugs Ali x

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Hi Amul--

All my bears start out looking like dogs . . . very upsetting, until I realized that their heads are really very similar!

It helps to study pictures of skeletons and skulls.

Right now I'm making a white rat that (so far) looks more like a polar bear.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I use to design a bear head and then adjust for my PUDDLES. I found them difficult to photograph.
I took time out to study them and found that I needed to design a PUDDLE HEAD. Now My PUDDLES are quite easy to photograph.
Adapting is fine at the beginning but in the end you really do need to design the correct head. Art books a wildlife books make good friends.
Wendy bear_thumb

Board footer