Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Hi all,

I thought I would share this tip with other mini artists.  Some of you may already do this - not sure, but I've just discovered that scrapbooking papers make excellent backdrops for photos of minis!  I've always used pieces of felt for the backdrops which has been fine, but can look a little fuzzy.  Scrapbook paper is fantastic and creates a seemless background and you can have plain or patterned, there is such a variety of papers out there!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Thns - Aren't they great? From a rice paper effect to teeny tiny Laura Ashley-like prints. They sure help evoke a mood or a period for your bears!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Thanks for sharing. I'd been thinking of this but as always the thought just went and fluttered back out  bear_whistle ! Good reminder.

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

:clap: wow.. that's a nice tip. Never thought of it... i went out of my way to get really big poster papers when scrapbook papers are definitely better.

:hug: Ming

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

Good Lord... do you believe that I have NEVER thought of this!!!!

:doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

pocket-sized-bears Pocket Sized Bears
Aberdeen

Thanks for the tip, I didn't think to use scrapbook papers, I've always just used plain old printer paper. Will have to give it a go! Thanks bear_original

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Great post. For the UK girls Wilkinson's had some lovely papers/card in and less than £2 a pack for lots of colours.

Kirstie_DDB Posts: 85

What a great idea! I'll certainly be trying out this tip next time.

Board footer