Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Hi!
I'm just finishing up a new cat and want to list her on ebay BUT it would list on a Wednesday. I know auction advice says this is not a good day to list, but teddy bear art is different. Any opinions? Does it matter what day your piece is listed?
Karen

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I think if you always start them on a Wednesday and people get used to it that is fine. I mostly start on a Sunday and finish on a Sunday..only because..on a Sunday people are not at work and I usually start them in the evening here in the UK..which is lunchtime in your neck of the woods..and  also during the week many people would not be able to be by a computer when it finished. It's just my reasoning.
If I start them on a Thursday I would run it for 10 days to finish on a Sunday...could you not do that?

edspencer tEDDIE bears
Wichita, Ks.
KJ Lyons wrote:

Hi!
I'm just finishing up a new cat and want to list her on ebay BUT it would list on a Wednesday. I know auction advice says this is not a good day to list, but teddy bear art is different. Any opinions? Does it matter what day your piece is listed?
Karen

Hi Karen - your pieces are always great and they always sell, so I don't think you'd find a bad time to start the auctions.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Karen,
     That's such a good question.  I think the best advice I've heard is to always start them on the same day at the same time.  Having said that, I just list whenever I get a piece finished (did I tell you I have NO patience  :crackup:) but I do better during the week, anyway.  Some of my customers only have internet at work.  I just find that I don't do as well when an auction ends on a weekend, but I know friends who will only list so an auction ends on a weekend.   I'll sometimes start it late on a Saturday or Sunday, as long as it ends during the week.   I do try to list earlier in the evening now, as I have picked up a few European customers.  If I list at 7:00 p.m., then it will end at midnight in Britain, so that's not impossible for them.   I really think if you have a customer base, and you notify them, they'll watch your auctions.

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer