Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi guys

I have some friends planning a trip, and because we live in a rural area, and no longer does our country have public ;ibraries, and they don't have computer skills, (like I do?) they asked me to find out about good times for traveling around to your area,  Actually they are leaning towards Tahiti etc.....But you folks are the closest I know....

So in Sept. In Hawaii its so humid you could cut the air with a knife.  Are there times like that over there, and if so when?  When the rainy season hits is it 24/7 or is it only at night, but clears up in the morning? 

How hot is hot?  celcius is OK-the hubs can translate.....

Are there other things I should tell them about this area?  Like don't take polyester clothing, or anything like that?

Yep, i am googleing info for them too-but its always better to try and get info from real live folks who kinda know the area better.....

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me. 

dilu-who wishes they would stay home and send her....sigh

bear_grin

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Depends to what part of Aussieland they are visiting.

All I can give info on is where I live.

Sept. is the start of spring so can have beautiful days but also still lots of rain.
I live in Victoria which is at the bottom end of the country, Queensland (at the top end) is really good at this time of the year.  We went there in Sept. and there was lots of sunshine and not too hot.

Haven't been to Darwin (tropic) or Perth (west side ).

It is a very big country and there is such a lot to see, even living here and doing a lot of caravanning trips we will not see it all in our lifetime...

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Caravan....that would be like raking an RV and traveling around?

you are a big help-not to worry.....

thanks

dilu

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Later today I will add some piccies of our trip just to show the diversity in our country...

From beaches, countryside hit by drought and also some of the re-furbished buildings.
My niece travelled around New-Zealand in a RV, had the time of her life...she reckons.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Dilu, I live in Perth in Western Australia. It is the worlds most isolated city. Autumn through to spring is the best time to visit here. It is comfortably warm at this time. Summer is way to hot for travelling . But that is only my personal opinion because I usually faint alot in summer. WA is huge, it takes up a third of Australia. The south west coast where I am is breathe taking and quite moderate in temperature.  I would advise anyone visiting Aust not to bring polyester. Cotton really is the go over here. Or cotton blend.
I know, I couldn't be further away from Tahiti if I was in Africa but ya never know, your friends may decide that Australia maybe just the place for them.  I would love to go to Tasmania myself.. One day I will get there. :dance:

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Hi Di

Frankly I would hate to say what the weather is like anywhere at the moment. September is the end of winter, in Sydney that is not to bad, cold and windy, usually. But our weather does seem to be changing for instance at this time of the year I have usually started to move into slightly warmer clothes.........no Tshirts and light long sleeve tops....not now and not for the last couple of years. Christmas day is usually steaming hot but this year is was cool and the hot weather didn't come till a few weeks later. All our seasons seem to be running just a few weeks later than normal. I would say  to be safe to take layered clothing for cool to warm days and chilly nights. I think Tahiti is more in line with Qld weather and that is what I would expect from there at that time of year.

Board footer