Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Dilu Posts: 8,574

From a dear friend in NZ  Thanks Helen!  Sorry the pictures couldn't make it......

THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT HERE IN OUR OWN  COUNTRY!

We  Must Stop This  Immediately!   

Have  you noticed that stairs are  getting steeper .   

Groceries are heavier . 

And, everything is farther  away

Yesterday I walked to the corner and I was  dumbfounded to discover  how long  our  street had become!

And,  you know, people are less considerate now,  especially the young ones.  They speak  in whispers all  the time!  If you ask them to speak up they  just keep repeating themselves, endlessly  mouthing the same silent  message until  they're red in the face!  What do they  think I am, a lip  reader?

I  also think they are much younger than I was at  the same age.  On the other hand, people my  own age are so  much olderthan  I am. I ran into an old friend the other  day and she has aged so much that she didn't  even recognize me!

I  got to thinking about the poor dear while I was  combing my hair this morning, and in doing so, I  glanced at my  own reflection .  Well, REALLY NOW- even  mirrors are  not made the way they used to  be!

Another  thing, everyone drives  so fast these  days!  You're risking life and limb if you  happen to pull onto the freeway in front of  them.  All I can say is, their brakes must  wear out awfully fast, the way

I see them screech  and swerve in  my rear view mirror.

Clothing  manufacturers  are less  civilized these  days.  Why else would they suddenly start

[size=18]labeling a size 10 or 12 dress as 18 or 20?   [/size]

Do they think no one notices? The people  who make bathroom  scales are  pulling the same prank.  Do they think I  actually "believe" the number I see on that  dial?  HA!  I would never let myself  weigh that much!  Just who do these people  think they're fooling?

I'd  like to call up someone in authority to report  what's going on--but  the telephone  company is  in on the conspiracy too: they've printed the  phone books in  such small  type  that no one could ever find a number in  there!

All I can do is  pass along this  warning:

[size=26]WE  ARE UNDER ATTACK!

[/size]

Unless  something drastic happens, pretty soon everyone  will have to suffer these awful  indignities.

PLEASE PASS THIS  ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO  WE CAN GET THIS CONSPIRACY  STOPPED!
PS: I am sending  this to you in a larger font size, because  something has happened to my computer's fonts -  they are smaller than they once  were.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: All too true, Dilu . . . where do I sign up?

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
That's so great !

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin Guess what I have that brand of mirror too!

Hugs, Jane.   bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Yeah, I've noticed that about clothing companies too!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You can't imagine how fast these indignities happened to me!  Why, it was just yesterday that . . . . . . . . umm . . . now what was it that we were talking about?

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: I hear ya!!!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Good one!!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well isn't that all the truth...espcially the bathroom scales. I've been wondering what cheap materials they are using.   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

OH DILU !!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY... and the terrible thing is

.................IT IS ALL TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_whistle

Dilu Posts: 8,574

The scales warn me but don't scare me.....its the mind.....
I try to remind all the Powers-that-Be that a mind is a terrible thing to loose........

I can't tell if THEY are listening, I can't hear them.........

d

Board footer