Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

ROSA-HAND.jpgI finally bit the bullet and gave birth to my 1st mohair bear ever   .    :lol:

Meet 7" tall Rosa made from Sparse Distressed Coffee colored Mohair.  I must say it was a heck of lot easier to work with than real fur.  I may never look back.  Although, I do still love the feel of the fur coat bears.   

So what do you think ??  I'm not sure I'm in love with Rosa yet.  My family comments were.......the head is too small, eyes are too big and arms are too long. At least they were honest LOL.   bear_cry  I may put her on Ebay to see if anyone likes her look.  Thanks to everyone who gave tips on painted eyes and corded lids.  It was fun to try them on this bear.

UPDATE: I've decided to put her up for sale, thanks for all the encouragement !

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Well, if she's your first you are a bloomin' marvel if ever there was one!!! (There again I have some real fur I have yet to try...there's another story)

She's fab!!

Jenny

Deb Upstate New York

Jenny.jpgI like her Tammy; she's very good!  I don't like that when you're typing a reply, you can't see the pictures on the original post ... so am going from memory ... but I think her proportions are good actually.

Here's my very first ever mohair bear:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I think her proportions are fine too...perhaps your family is just so use to the look of your real fur bears.  She's very cute...you did a great job.  I've been trying to master the corded eye lids as well...and bought some clear eyes for painting but have yet to venture their yet. 

I still marvel at all you real fur artists!!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe Tammy and what a wonderful bear she is! Isn't mohair wonderful to work with after faux fur? I love this little one and you did a fantastic job!

Many Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great work!  I love that you're challenging yourself to try new things.

Mohair IS easier to use than real fur, but you're right; you can't duplicate that real fur feel and look with it.  I'll mostly work in mohair forever, but hope to produce the occasional real fur bruin along the way.  A very different effect!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

The head is NOT too small, the eyes are NOT to big and the arms are perfect!!
I guess it all depends on who's looking, but this bear is my favorite that I've seen of yours. I really like the shape of the nose.
Can't wait to see more mohair bears from you,
Heather

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Isn't mohair wonderful to work with!!!  You did a superb job, Tammy, and I don't see a thing wrong with little Rosa!  Go ahead and put her on ebay and I bet she gets snapped up!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Thanks to each of you for taking time to comment on Rosa.  It sure does make me feel better about her.  I think the fact that she is so different from my fur bears may be why she looks so odd to me and my family.    You guys are so great at boosting my self esteem !!!!  Big Huge Thanks !!!!!!  I love you all    h025.gif

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think she is adorable!  I think Shantell is right... your family is use to seeing fur bears which are quite different (I think) from mohair.... She is adorable though!

Nina Maryland
Tammy wrote:

I finally bit the bullet and gave birth to my 1st mohair bear ever   .    :lol:

Meet 7" tall Rosa made from Sparse Distressed Coffee colored Mohair.  I must say it was a heck of lot easier to work with than real fur.  I may never look back.  Although, I do still love the feel of the fur coat bears.   

So what do you think ??  I'm not sure I'm in love with Rosa yet.  My family comments were.......the head is too small, eyes are too big and arms are too long. At least they were honest LOL.   bear_cry  I may put her on Ebay to see if anyone likes her look.  Thanks to everyone who gave tips on painted eyes and corded lids.  It was fun to try them on this bear.

UPDATE: I've decided to put her up for sale, thanks for all the encouragement !

I think Rosa is just perfect. Her head, eyes and arms are JUST the right size.  bear_original  She's lovely.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

She is really gorgeous Tammy - don't listen to your family.. LOL What do they know?

I really think she's gorgeous - love her plucked face hehe!!

I think you should be very proud of her!

Danni

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Tammy i love her she is so sweet, where do you get those eye lids from if you don't mine me asking.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Fran, I buy the leather cord from a fabric or craft store.  Actually Rosa's lids are made from the same cord that is holding her heart pendant.  I didn't like the light color once I made the lids so I painted them darker.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Oooh, She's lovely, Tammy . . . reminds me of caramel  :love:

Her proportions look perfect from here, and I love those melting eyes . . .

Eileen

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Seriously cute Tammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_thumb bear_thumb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wonderful effort there Tammy, on your first mohair,  she's a cutie.  :dance:

Board footer