Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

midfrontcpangle2.jpgHello fellow tt talks,

I just wanted to share my latest. Hope you enjoy.
My pictures are not as good as I would like them due to a light box problem, doll is too big for my light box. I hope to get him completed and take him to my photographer very soon here.

description:

This art doll is designed after 1648 and 1657 skomorokhs who where in Russian, in Old East Slavic, were medieval East Slavic harlequins, i.e., actors, who could also sing, dance, play musical instruments, and compose most of the scores for their oral/musical and dramatic performances. The skomorokhs appeared in Kievan Rus no later than in the mid-11th century, and the frescos in the Saint Sophia Cathedral in Kiev are there to prove it. The Church often railed against the skomorokhi and other elements of popular culture as being irreverent, detracting from the worship of God, or even downright diabolical. The skomorokh art reached its peak in the 15th-17th century. Their repertoire included mock songs, dramatic and satirical sketches called glumy, performed in masks and skomorokh dresses to the sounds of domra, balalaika, gudok, bagpipes, or buben (a kind of tambourine).

This is a 22 in doll, from boots to hat is 27 in- sculptured head and hands with a soft sculptured body with pose-able body inner-skeleton armature designed by me. Neck, arms, wrists, elbows, knees, ankles, spine, etc., all joints move in the motion of a human skeleton. Spin bends and rotates, as well as knees, ankles, wrist, shoulders, elbows complete motion in legs and neck turn; tilt from side to side, up down and turn side to side.

His head, hands are hand sculptured from puppen clay and his suit is hand made from the finest velvet and silk, as well as his velvet boots, with silver accessories. He will also has a face mask hand made from puppen clay.

This doll has a 4hx5x8 mahogany wooden music box, the music is a 30 teeth mechanism that plays a russian song– which will put the total height of this doll display to 31 in. He has a jester type sceptre. Also he will be accompanied by a domra and Buben – playing instruments. (still being made - picture is included)

standsidewtong.jpg

standfrontwtong.jpg

standlangle.jpg

standlside.jpg

standsidebend.jpg

midanglebackL.jpg

midrangleR.jpg

midrangleRcp.jpg

midupperangleL.jpg

midfrontcp.jpg

midfrontcpangle2.jpg

mask1.jpg

standfront.jpg

handR.jpg

handL.jpg

instriment.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WWOWOOWOOWOWOWOWOOW - Kassie, your talent is overwhelmingly awesome!  I'm totally speechless at the work and artistry in this fellow, plus the fine clothes, the music, and everything else.  You rock!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub You already know what I think, ladyfriend, I am so glad you decided to share him here!

Rick is gobsmacked!

Now, all will be well, my friend, I am so glad you 'found your voice.'

all my love
di

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow! Wow! Wow! Kassie you are one clever lady. This guy is awesome, what an amazing eye you have for detail The picture showing his hand show even the viens under the skin....gob-smacked here!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Oh my! Just amazing!!!!  bear_shocked  bear_cool

Regards

Lisa

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

seriously breathtaking work, exquisite attention to detail. I'm just green with envy.  really.  I spend a lot of time at art-doll websites, am a huge fan of lisa litchenfels (got her book) Akira Blount, mark dennis - and I've got all of Oroyan's books, too. and I can see that you've really got a gift.  I keep saying I'm going to try my hand at it some day, but can never find the time.  and it's only your 5th doll? zowie

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Speechless! but I agree with what everyone has already said. Absolutely wonderful work. I can't imagine how long you've been working on this piece. Everything about it is just amazingly detailed, hands, face, costume, instrument. Your art is truly wonderful.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Cassie, I had not realised this was only your fifth doll!!! You have amazing talent! Great eye for proportion, wonderful eye for detail!!! Wonderful, creative, costuming and such feeling in the piece . Keep it up!

Oregon

Now it is my turn to say WOW!!! I am so touched by all your comments. Thank you so much.  :hug:

Hi Kellydean -  Lisa Litchenfels and Mark Dennis are my favorites too!!!! Lisa's fabric scultures are mind blowing!!  She is truely a master of her trade. I love her work. Have you seen her newest? Jeanne. She is just amazing!!! Mark Dennis is also a master. Hopefully I will be able to attend the Doll & Teddy Expo next year and will look forward to meeting him.

hugs kassie

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap: OMG!!!  Fabulous, just absolutely fabulous, Kassie!!!  Your talent never ceases to amaze me.......there is simply no limit to it! bear_thumb I am completely in awe........WOW!! :clap:  :clap:

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

OMG This looks like a real person, simply amazing.  bear_original

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Wow, Kassie, you REALLY have a gift for sculpting!!!! :clap:
Chrisx

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Kassie I applaud you :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: your work is stunning :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

AussieFelts AussieFelts
South Australia

*jaw drop*  What magnificent work!  Just...WOW.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

just no adequate words here  otherthan outstanding! bear_wub

Marion

Oregon

Hello everyone, Sorry for my delay in replying.
Thank you so much. I am very happy you all enjoyed him.
To my dear longtime TT friends( you know who you are) hugs and Luvs.
Tracy hon - you are a dear!  :hug:  :hug:

Thank you everyone.  :hug:

kassie

puca bears puca bears

Kassie - I missed this one earlier................DUH !!!
Your new doll is just AWESOME.............everything about him...............you are just SO talented, missie!
From what Dilu said, elsewhere , things are looking a bit better.......I hope it continues so, and you are soon a LOT better, physically
lotsa huggies, my friend
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Just breath taking and sooooooooooooooo life like!!!! Excellent work Kassie
Hugs
Gail bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Kassie,

Another AmAzInG piece of art my friend, the attention to detail, the soulful expression on the face, nothing left to say but WOW!  Keep up the GREAT work...

Jer

Oregon

Hi everyone - thank you al for your kind comments. I am pleased you like him. Thank you.  bear_original

Hi Maria hon, thank you dear friend. I am glad you like him. I am so BETTER!!!! Go read the other post you are talking about. yuppy yi a!!!!! Now I can get this guy finished.

hugs kassie

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great work Kassie, you have mastered the expression in the face so well.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

You leave me speechless as usual Kassity :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Oregon

Hello Carolyn, Thank you so much for the compliment and yes I am feeling much better. Thank you :-) Now I am playing catch up on all my work. But love it! It is so nice to be back to work. Kinda scary there for awhile to think I may not have been able to work again.

Hey you Wendy, How are you doing girl? I have not been chatting much these last few months. I miss talking with you. Oh, thank you for the compliment hon. It means a lot!! And congratulations on your much deserved success my friend. I am so happy for you. Happy Dancing for you. Me will get a Puddle one day. I love your new Dragon!!!!

hugs Kassie

Board footer