Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

OsbourneTT.jpgOsbournehead4.jpgThe 'British Bear Fair' is only a few weeks' away and so far, this is the second bear I have completed, so who knows, maybe I will get enough done after all!  Fingers and toes are crossed!  (Especially as most of the bears are going to be big 'uns!)

So, back to the business of introductions:

Please meet 'Osborne', a 21" bear made from some delicious Schulte tipped mohair.  This is stunning fabric ... I absolutely love it!  Anyway, enough of me whittering on, time to upload the pics!  :)

As you can see, I've had a few colour issues with my digicam, but the whole body shot is closest to the actual colour.  Shades of autumn!!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow Paula you are right the colour is awesome. :clap: Well done.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Paula, he is gorgeous!!!!!!!!.....again...... bear_original bear_original I just love your bears!

Deb Upstate New York

Paula ~ He's absolutely wonderful ... looking very huggable.  :thumbsup:

I left you a PM.

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Another gorgeous bear Paul! :clap:

Vicky

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Tres stunning, Paula . . . as always!!  Know you will sell out at this show!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big, beautiful, bear, Paula!  Your work is so consistently outstanding.   bear_flower

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Paula he is just simply Gorgeous! I love his colors!

many Hugs Louise

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Yum he's like a big caramel chocolate flavoured hug!   bear_grin

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I like that thought Melissa LOL!!

I think he is adorable and the mohair is just to die for!  Just how much mohair do you need for a whopping 21" of bruin?

Danni

Densteds Densteds
Website

Paula...I could just grab this big fellow and give him a huge  :hug: :hug: :hug:
I love big bears and he looks so "cuddlesome"???? love that mohair
bear_thumb bear_thumb bear_thumb He's wonderful....

Danni..you need a heap of it  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin can take up to 1/2mtr..

hugs,
Denise.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I love big bears as you know Paula - Osbourne is a truly gorgeous huggable feller

Good Luck with him

Penny :hug:

Kent
Website

You ladies are so good for me!!!  What a tonic you all are.  Thank you all so much.  I want you to know just how much your comments are appreciated.  bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower

For those of you curious to know, my 21" bears take a half metre piece of fabric (can't get them on half a yard sadly, so if purchasing in yards, I have to order 2/3yd!)  This particular fabric is Schulte (as if you couldn't guess!) and is priced in the UK at £104.00 per metre - plus shipping of course.  OUCH!!!!  It is such beautiful mohair and a real treat to work with.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

You can really tell this is best quality fur though Paula - expensive but worth it! And Osborne is a gorgeous bear...makes me want to give him a huge hug  bear_grin

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW! what a wonderfully big wet nose he has bear_grin bear_thumb

Paula - my hubby almost actually wept when i told him how much it cost me to make one of my big bears (he's very tight)!

bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_rolleyes

Big bears are just sooo satisfying to make though don't you think?

Penny  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow Paula! You've done it again another fantastic creation. I just love him!  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Jane  bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_original

Kent
Website
gotobedbears wrote:

Paula - my hubby almost actually wept when i told him how much it cost me to make one of my big bears (he's very tight)!

bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_rolleyes

Big bears are just sooo satisfying to make though don't you think?

I've got to agree with you Penny ... for me, making big bears is the most satisfying kind of bear-making.  I just love the big 'uns and always have!  (I don't much like the cost of the materials though!!  :cry:)

Oh Paula - if i could just make HUGE bears all the time it would be wonderful. Even though they take a lot of hand sewing it just feels so good to produce a whopper!!!

Costs are horrendous, as you said Paula - you start off with a great big piece of mohair and you gradually watch it dwindle to just a few useless scraps

No! No! No! don't even think of the cost i say to myself - i shall probably make a few bigguns and add them to my website instaed of selling them on eBay.

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Positively Gorgeous!!
:clap:  :clap: :hug:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer