Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

am_bears AM BEARS
Derbyshire

I know I should be embarrassed asking for this, but I wondered if anyone had one of these bears and if they did....really cheeky...would they mind sending me a picture of him.  :redface:  I bought Hershey the other day, fell in love when I said I wouldn't buy manufactured bears...but did and now I'm really curious about Biddles.  Curious because the catalouge pictures of Hershey were just damn ugly and he's a gorgeous little bear bear_sad ...  I wondered if Biddles was the same...

See what I mean about beautiful?  See why I couldn't resist?  See why I'm curious?

Thanks for entertaining my madness whether I get a reply or not...

:hug:

Andrea

hershey.jpg

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I have not seen him in the flesh but if the others are anything to go by he will be gorgeous

I just renewed Catherine's (daughters) membership and she opted for Beth, not my choice but she was gorgeous, I too would like amembership but a I am a member of steiff

PS Charlotte (charlie) is a lovely lady

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

He's an adorable little bear, but I know nothing about Biddles.

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California

Any bear designed by Lisa of Oz Matilda Bear Co.  is bound to be fantastic.  How cute!

staticbear76 Posts: 222

that bear is so cute i never heard of biddles that bear is too cool.

OzMatilda Posts: 209

Hi Andrea, thankyou for purchasing Hershey from Charlie Bears which were designed by myself and re-created by that wonderful company in the UK......Below are a few promotional photographs of both Hershey and Biddles taken by Charlie Bears for their catalogues....the bears certainly are more beautiful in real life and much softer...think the 'light background they used has made the bears look a tad harsh in colouring'......It is however, often said that bears/dolls look much more nicer in the flesh than viewing photographs....if you'd like to see 'Biddle's' in the flesh, you can visit any UK retailer bear store as they stock the majority of the Charlie range Designs and i'm sure you will be most delighted with her, she is the same price as Hershey....happy bear hunting bear_flower .... Regards. Lisa Rosenbaum/Oz Matilda Bear Co Australia/ for Charlie Bears UK....

Edited to say: Your Hershey looks very cute in his seatbelt!.....

This is Biddles promotional photo by Charlies, UK                             
Biddles.jpg   DSCF0989.JPG
This is HERSHEY's promotional photo by Charlies UK
Hershey.jpg
DSCF1041.JPG

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Hi, Lisa! I am a great admirer of your work and this little cutie is wonderful as well. This post led me to check out Charlie Bears site and I'm impressed. I was a little surprised at Hershey and Biddles because while completely adorable they didn't look like Lisa Rosenbaum bears to me, but as I look at these photos I wonder are the ones at the top prototypes handmade by you? I think he definitely carries the look of a Lisa Rosenbaum Bear. Am I right? Isn't it funny how an artist can't help but put her "fingerpints" on on her own handiwork.
At any rate they are both lovely bears!

OzMatilda Posts: 209

Hi Tami..."ditto to your work too".....

Know the bears above aren't the proto-types, but their the actual re-creations by Charlie Bears.....i just photographed one i have here from them with a black background as i think it brings out the 'correct' colourings of the bears...rather than the 'stark white background' they used.  However, their re-creations are exact to my designs i did for them, was very amazed at how well they copied them right down to the light airbrushing affect and how well they are made...their 'faultless'...

When they asked me to design for them, i stressed that i would only design 'bears' that i would want mostly children to have..soft and cuddly (as you can't take my own bears to bed with you) (LOL)..their stuffed way too hard...and also they had to be different to my 'one of a kind designs' and/or designs that collectors have purchased over the years from me....this way, i didn't feel that my designs were being compromised into plush teds....and pretty much i could have it both ways...they did want one of my 'older' looking teds...so i only designed one more for them being an old style fellow...Waldo!..photographed below...his floppy with a cotter pin neck...my designs in the early 1990's were a mix of old style bears stuffed with Excelsoir to the very soft and cuddly like i have done for Charlie Bears which i think suits their business following....Thanks Tami, take care...lisa.xx  :hug:

This is Waldo...my older style bear i designed for them..this is their pretty much exact re-creation of the original prototype...
DSCF0995.JPG

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Hi Tami..."ditto to your work too".....

Thank you :redface:
Wow! Lisa! Waldo's adorable and your vintage/patched looking ones are my favorites!!! I must go back to the website and check this guy out! :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lisa!!!!  I'm so glad to see you posting again!  Welcome - and your Charlie Bears are just wonderful!  Hope you'll visit us more often . . . it's good to "see" you.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

am_bears AM BEARS
Derbyshire

Lisa, thankyou for replying and helping me out with my quest for Biddles photo's bear_original  Yep, as I suspected better on your photo than on theirs, I don't think they've done those poor bears justice.  Needless to say she is as lovely as Hershey and I will be having one, Waldo is also lovely looking....

Damn they are cute! bear_wub

Off to covet my latest obsession

Andrea

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Hi Lisa nice to see you posting again bear_flower
I love all your bears but Waldo is so cute bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Board footer