Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hello all! 

I thought I'd post this for any artists who might be interested in. Below is little bit about the RMHC from their website and attached is the email for the event.  All contact information and event information is here in the email.  If you are interested and write out to the contact emails provided below they will forward you a separate email with all of the artist/bear specifics.  I can't answer any questions really, this will be my first year participating. The teddy bear has always received so much love from children, so something about the teddy being able to give back to those children who need hugs the most....well it just seems to fit! bear_flower  :hug:

:hug:

About RMHC:

The three core programs of RMHC - the Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald Family Room and Ronald McDonald Care Mobile - are focused on helping families in need. Our cornerstone Ronald McDonald House program began in 1974 based on a simple idea: Provide a "home away from home" for families of seriously ill children receiving treatment at nearby hospitals. Since that time, more than 10 million families around the world have benefited from the comfort provided by a Ronald McDonald House.

The Ronald McDonald Family Room program extends the comfort of a Ronald McDonald House to a hospital setting. Our Family Room within the Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center is located just steps from the neonatal and pediatric intensive care units, the Family Room provides a place to escape the stress and tension of the hospital.

Our Ronald McDonald Care Mobile program, in partnership with St. Peters Health Care Services, provides free comprehensive dental care to underserved, underinsured or uninsured children in the Capital Region.

Email from RMHC:

A fun-filled day of teddy bears is in the making; The 2008 Teddy Bear Banquet and Auction has been scheduled for Sunday, October 26, 2008.  For over 17 years, this beary special event has been an ongoing success and an integral part of the fund raising program of Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region, Inc.  However, we must prevail on your talent and generosity to make it happen!

Thanks to artists from all over the world, over 100 hand-crafted teddy bears will be up for adoption, with ALL proceeds benefiting RMHC of the Capital Region.  will you share your talent with the families and children of rmhc by contributing one of your very special bears for this year's auction?  Be creative!  Some artists create a one-of-a-kind bear, and others provide us with one of their previously created works of art!  Either way, we look forward to seeing those unique and furry faces arrive on our doorstep!

If you would like more information about RMHC or the Teddy Bear Banquet and Auction, please feel free to contact Lori Emery at (518) 438-2655 or teddybears@rmhcofalbany.org.

We truly hope that you will open your heart to this opportunity of sharing and caring for families and children. 

Bear hugs and sincere thanks,

Jan Kurposka

Teddy Bear Banquet Committee

P.S.  If you know of other artists or businesses who would like to lend their support, please let us know!

If you prefer, respond by email to:
            jkurposka@nycap.rr.com
_____  Yes!  Count on me to donate a hand-crafted teddy bear for this year’s banquet.
_____  No, I am unable to donate this year.
____ Please send me details for attending the banquet as soon as they are available.

ARTIST NAME _________________________________________

COMPANY NAME ________________________________________

ADDRESS _____________________________________________

____________________________Phone _____________________

EMAIL ________________________________________________

Ronald McDonald House Charities

of the Capital Region Inc.

139 South Lake Avenue

Albany, New York 12208

(518) 438-2655

(518) 459-6529   Fax

www.rmhcofalbany.org

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I posted this a couple of weeks ago too! No response but it can't hurt to keep mentioning it. The list of artists who donate every year is impressive!

Board footer