Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

It's been a while since we've had a challenge, so I thought we might enjoy a nice simple one for our lazy summer months! 

How about a straightforward panda making challenge?  Deadline sometime in SEPTEMBER. 

Details:  No, you don't need to stick to traditional black and white .... you can be as colourful as you like!  If black and white is your thing though, please go for it!  All skills, genres and preferences are welcome.  Let's bring together a truly handsome collection of Teddy Talk pandas!

Rules:  All I ask is that all challenge entries are designed especially for this challenge.

All comments are welcome on this thread, as our panda making thoughts are thunk, conceived and hopefully designed!

Have fun pandering!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I'm in! I love Pandas! I'll make a couple!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Yes, sounds fun. I've been thinking about pandas lately.

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

ooh yes please..sounds like fun..tho it is winter here..i'll try to be lazy to fit in..but no bikini sorry..wayy too cold for that!!
Kerrilyn

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I love pandas so count me in.There is plenty of time too until September :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Laurie :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Yeah a challenge!!

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Count me in too please.

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki x

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

A Panda Bear walks into a café and orders a sandwich and a drink. After he is finished eating, the waiter comes over to bring him the check/bill. When the waiter arrives at the table, he just starts to ask 'Would you like any des...' Then the Panda Bear reaches into his fur, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. The Panda Bear then wipes off his chin with his napkin, gets up, and starts to walk out. Just as he is about to go through the door, the manager grabs him. 'Wait a minute!' he yells, 'You just killed my best waiter! Besides that, you didn't even pay for your sandwich!'

The Panda Bear grasps the manager by the throat and growls, 'Hey I'm a PANDA! Do you know what that means? Why don't you look it up!'

At this the Panda walks out the door and ambles down the street. The manager, shaken, returns to his office and consults a dictionary.

He reads:
'panda - a large mammal of the Asian mountain forests related to raccoons and true bears and characterized by bold black and white markings. Eats shoots and leaves.'

Count me in!  bear_tongue  bear_grin

sockerplinga Sundsvall
Website

Ooh, sounds fun! Im in! bear_laugh

Taiwan Angel Love Bear Forever

I would like to give a try. Count me in too.   bear_original

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I'll be in too! Nothing like a bit of pandamonium to make life interesting! It'll be fun to see what everyone come up with. bear_original

Kent
Website

bear_grin Amanda, you've made me chuckle!  Love it!

Great to have a little pandemonium on TT ... I'm really looking forward to this challenge and I'm delighted so many of you have stepped forward to join in the fun!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I want to join too...
I have been thinking about making a panda for a while but have not done it yet, so you give me the opportunity to go for it this Summer!!!!
bear_tongue

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Amanda I had to show that to hubby!!  :crackup: WE both laughed aloud! THis is gonna be fun!

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

Oooh me too Paula,
I like the challenges. I have a panda design inspired by the "head design challenge", but I will start again from scratch and do a new one. I am glad it has a September deadline, as I seem to be working most of the time at the moment providing more or less full time cover, even though I am only supposed to work three days a week!Mind you, knowing me, I will get so inspired that I will have finished in a few days! bear_grin

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

I'd like to join in too Paula....if a quirky anime panda will be ok?.....have had a panda idea for a while  bear_whistle .....so a deadline would spur me on to make it!
Lynne  bear_flower

Kent
Website

Great stuff!  It's nice to have a focus for the summer!  I hope you all have fun making your pandas and I look forward to seeing them and hearing all about them!

By the way, we now have our very own CHALLENGE GALLERY thanks to Quy, so we can show off our work collectively! bear_thumb

smdogs gone to the dogs/sm dog designs
Kansas City Missouri
Website

Hi Paula,

I would love to be included in the challenge. This will be the first challenge and panda for me.

It sounds like fun.

Thanks,

Sheryl

Abby&Ellie Originalz Mylo, North Dakota

I'm in tooo! As panda's are my favorite to make..can't wait to get started! Just ordered some new funky mohair...maybe I'll get creative with that! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Have a great day,
Patsy

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Paula,

Can I have a "go" too please!!  I have never done anything "panda-rish" so it would be a lovely challenge and may get my brain back into action!!

Marilyn bear_flower

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

I'll have a go too Paula, Ive done a few pandas but will design a new one for the challenge

Pauline

jacky jacky
essex

count me in please i will give it a try bear_whistle  bear_whistle   :hug:  :hug:  Jacky

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Me too.....Pandas are one of my favourites too... :dance:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Ooh, I have just prelisted a teddy holding a panda on ebay for tomorrow but would love to participate so will start on another panda design.

Eats shoots and leaves.

I've heard Amanda's cute joke before - in case anyone didn't know it is on the back cover of a book by a British writer, Lynne Truss,  on "the zero tolerance approach to Punctuation" callled "Eats, Shoots and Leaves". Great book for any afficiationados of the English language and grammar!

Kent
Website

Thanks everyone, we are going to have an impressive panda collection here on TT!!! :clap:

Board footer