Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

wow what great pandas i haven't started mine yet still playing with ideas, but i will have fun having a go....oh paula where in kent are you? before my travels and settling in portugal i was from kent ... rochester. what a small world. off to look at the gallery now  bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website
susiray wrote:

wow what great pandas i haven't started mine yet still playing with ideas, but i will have fun having a go....oh paula where in kent are you? before my travels and settling in portugal i was from kent ... rochester. what a small world. off to look at the gallery now  :thumbsup:

It certainly is a small world!  I'm in Maidstone, about fifteen minutes drive from Rochester!  In fact, I have a few little pics of Rochester tucked away on my website ... http://www.allbear.co.uk/Html/FavouritePlaces.htm

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

thanks for the pictures it took me back seeing places i grew up in and my first saturday job in Chimes maybe you remember the teddy bear shop & dolls house shop was next door ( thats where my bear days started ) and the bear fairs just around the corner at the Corn Exchange. i always visit maidstone when ever i return to the uk i love the shops and to i used to work in the old Boots the Chemist in the high st it was an amazing build, but on my last return i saw it had gone and new shopping area has been built, its a shame one day all the original building will disappear. anyway i enjoyed that thankyou. bear_flower

Kent
Website
susiray wrote:

thanks for the pictures it took me back seeing places i grew up in and my first saturday job in Chimes maybe you remember the teddy bear shop & dolls house shop was next door ( thats where my bear days started ) and the bear fairs just around the corner at the Corn Exchange. i always visit maidstone when ever i return to the uk i love the shops and to i used to work in the old Boots the Chemist in the high st it was an amazing build, but on my last return i saw it had gone and new shopping area has been built, its a shame one day all the original building will disappear. anyway i enjoyed that thankyou. :rose:

You're welcome!  I remember the old Boots too ... I've lived in Maidstone since I was about 12, with only a couple of years away.  There has been a considerable amount of development in the town over the past twenty years or so, that's for sure.  I remember the teddy bear shop in Rochester really well too, because the owners were responsible for getting me started in the bear world - Carol and Michelle were the first people to see my bears in a commercial sense and offered me a stand at their bear show in the Corn Exchange, they also sold my bears in their shop for a number of years!  Ah, those were the good old days!!!!  Glad you enjoyed the visit x

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Thanks Paula for the new idea, wish I had time to make one !!!!!!!!!!

Lynette

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

Gosh, Linda's Chan chan is awesome! the details are great and it look so real! maybe u can barrow the panda tree? bear_grin

Lena is so funny and cute. looking at it, makes me smile...

great works... i will get to it hopefully this weekend.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, I haven't checked in here for some time and look at all the lovely pandas finished already! Good job everyone! I've barely started thinking about what I am going to do - although a few ideas are percolating back there. Just haven't had time to sew between visitors and other summer activities but hopefully soon!

Taiwan Angel Love Bear Forever

Teddy_Talk_Challenge-1_copy.jpg

Ruby is my 3rd creation bear. 
I have design her for this challenges. 
She is not a usual color panda.
She is made from Intercal mohair 820H Blueberry color and 380S Maroon color.
It is the first time I tried to make a armature bear....  bear_original
It is really fun as I keep bending her arm and leg and try to make different pose. bear_grin  bear_grin
Thanks Paula for this great challenges.... I really have fun doing it.  bear_wub

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi everyone when you have finished your panda how / where do you put the picture or pictures? this is my first challenge and i have had fun doing this.

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

i have managed to add my 'Pondering Panda' i have fun doing this especially as it was my first challenged. its great seeing so many ideas coming to life. did try to put a couple of other pics on here of Poppit but cant seem to upload, i'll try again later.

smdogs gone to the dogs/sm dog designs
Kansas City Missouri
Website

Hi all,

I have just finished my very first ever Panda for my first ever challenge.

His name is Ming Yue which means "Bright Moon"

I have just listed him on ebay.

Thanks for looking.

Sheryl

Sherylming_yue_close_up.jpgming_yue_side_view_2.jpgming_yue.jpg

Kent
Website

What lovely new pandas!  Angel, the armature has worked well!  Your bear has so many fun poses.  Great to see such an unusual colour too ... as you know, I love colour!
Sheryl, your 'Bright Moon' (gorgeous name!) has a very sweet attitude and lovely detailed feet!  I like that you have opted to represent the head in such a realistic proportion too ... a great first challenge!

Please add your completed pandas to the pandamania gallery!  You can find the gallery by clicking on 'challenge gallery' at the top of the TT page.  The click 'pandamania gallery' and 'add picture' ... then simply find your picture in your computer files and upload it to become part of the gallery.

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

DSCF4211.jpgDSCF4212.jpgDSCF4210.jpg i would like you to meet Poppit the Panda relaxing with his book. he is 3 1/2 inches with arms and legs that bend. i really enjoyed this thanks for encouraging me to take part as a new member.

Kent
Website

Oh he's lovely Susie!  Our first 'literary panda'!  Heaps of character and attitude in just 3.5 inches ... I'm impressed! :clap:

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

thankyou so much for the comment this challenge has given me lots of encouragement i was worried when i saw the standards of the pandas here.
so thankyou for the boost Paula

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I finally had a chance to take some photos of my little panda. I have been so busy I haven't had time to get out the photo shoot.

Here she is, this is only the second Panda I have ever made, but I like her so much there are definately more in the future!!!
She is just 2 3/4 inches
preciousp3.jpg
preciouspanda.jpg
preciousp2.jpgpreciousp4.jpg

Kent
Website

What a lovely feminine panda Kathy!  So pretty in pink!  I like the way you have incorporated a little pink shading to the eye area to bring the whole concept together. :clap:

I can't tell you how impressed I am with those of you who make such teeny tiny creations ... I couldn't begin to create anything so little!

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

Hi Paula
I've been awol for awhile,  :redface: but am thoroughly enjoying the posts.  I am really up for the panda challenge.  I've made a couple of designs and have a new one rattling around in my head.
If it's not too late count me in.

Kent
Website

Not too late at all ... please dive right in whenever you are ready Gail! bear_thumb

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Hi all,

Never made a panda but really need to start doing something. Had a look at all the old challange posts and cant see any rules. Are there any aside from the fact that the bear must be designed for the challange? If I have missed a post please help.

Have fun

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

WOW..all the entries are amazing!! I finished my little guy this week (4 inches standing 3 sitting)..I love how he turned out, but am having a lot of trouble getting a good pic of him..any tips?? I think hes too shiney (hes made from vintage rayon) and I don't know how to get rid of the shadows..I don't want to have to always have a black background..Ive tried no flash..was yuk.. ive tried all sorts of backgrounds..im using a canon ixis..using the little flower up close thingy..have a light box with lights on each side..heres what ive got so far..but its just not right..or am i being too fussy?? heres the best 3 shots so far.
Kerrilyn
good.JPG

panda_001.JPG

best.JPG

Kent
Website

He's a lovely little character Kerrilyn and I love the colour combo you've chosen!  Do I see teeny tiny sculpted toes too? :clap:  I'm not sure how you avoid the shadow, it must be to do with the positioning of the lighting I think .. I'm sure someone who photographs minis will be able to offer better advice! 

Carolyn, that's the only rule!  Your panda must be created especially for the challenge.  You can be as traditional or as creatively contemporary as you like!  Have fun! :thumbsup:

Please remember to add your lovely pandas to our special 'Challenge Gallery' ... you can find it on the bar at the top of the page ... click 'challenge gallery', then 'pandamania challenge', then 'add image'.

Bunnybear Posts: 71

wow all these pandas are wonderful bear_wub  bear_wub

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Gold-Brown-Panda-1.JPGDye-panda-2.JPGDye-Panda-1.JPGFinally got my panda finished! She is 6 3/4" tall - BIG for me!  bear_grin
She is an anime type panda, made of sparse mohair - soft white and dye-painted in blues, greens, and pinks, with pink and green organdy ribbon bows by her ears.
I am also going to post a photo of the panda I made when I was experimenting with this new pattern design. He is 8" tall, made of vintage fabrics in gold and brown, and has a rusty red distressed looking ribbon around his neck.

Kent
Website

Edie, both pandas are gorgeous!  Your multi-coloured panda in particular is stunning, what a great interpretation! :clap:

Board footer