Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

bear_original  and how are you doing? Would you like to form a etsy team? How do you "market" your bears on etsy?
Do they float alone in cyber etsy space? What helps. bear_original  bear_flower
Dorothy

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Dorothy,
     I have an etsy shop but haven't used it much.  I put my jewelry in it, not my bears.  I am thinking of closing it and opening it with a different name than my bear name.  I really wanted to differentiate between the two.  I think my bears are too expensive to do well there.  I really have to decide what I'm going to do.

hugs,

Brenda

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I had a etsy shop for a while but didn't do anything.  Most of my friends who have shops there are not doing much or nothing either.  I have heard some people do make good money there but I don't know any of those people.  Just my three cents. 

Eva
www.ejcrafts.com

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

I have an Etsy shop & do OK with my needle felted animals & ACEOs but have sold no bears bear_sad  I just moved a bear over to Bid4Bears in hopes that it will sale.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I just opened one a lil' while ago and put my first bear in this week.  He sold right off, but was technically a sale from my mailing list and not a random sale from being seen out there on Etsy.  BUT I think bear artists could do very well out there with lots of promoting.  I've got a few ides for promoting via etsy and would be really happy to be part of a group.  Let me know how that works!
I'm going to keep using it, I personally prefer it to ebay. (Fees are WAY better, the overall feel of a true creative marketplace rather than an online bargain hunters paradise is very very nice, and I just prefer retail to auction but that's just me... as a buyer I like shopping more than winning bear_tongue  bear_happy ). 
:hug:
~Chrissi

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

I have an Etsy shop and did list a few bears but none of them sold. They don't seem to get many views either.  I'm not sure why.  Perhaps Etsy's still not well known enough or there's just too much stuff on there.  I think we should all list with The Teddy Patch instead as there's no listing fees and let's get that site hopping!!

Peggy

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

I also have an etsy shop, I started it just a couple of weeks ago. I've not sold anything out of it yet and I've a feeling that I probably won't either.  bear_whistle  Still I figured it was worth a shot as it's not expensive to list an item and, hey, it makes me feel almost like a bona fide bearmaker having stuff listed in a 'shop'.  bear_tongue

Regards

Lisa

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I've been thinking about it, too. I think many on TT have opened an Etsy shop and they seem to love it.

Chrissi, I agree that I would prefer it to ebay. I've never used ebay except to bid, but I'm sure I wouldn't like it. If a group is started, I'd like to hear from you. Maybe that'll get me motivated to open a store.

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I've had an etsy shop for about a year and have done ok. Sales seem to come in spurts. I understand right now is considered a slow time. Between Bid 4 Bears and etsy I have done well and managed to stay away from ebay.

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Hi guys,
I have an Etsy shop too - www.EnglishEccentic.etsy.com. I have sold bear-related items there, such as journals with bears on the cover, but I haven't sold any actual bears. It desn't stop me from putting up pictures though - I figure that, at 20 cents a go I have nothing to lose! bear_grin   I think it takes time to build a name on Etsy, and I hear constantly that you really have to involve yourself in the whole Etsy ethos and community thang to do really well.
I would LOVE to be part of an Etsy team though - that is probably one of the ways to raise your profile.  Can anyone tell us how the team thing works and what's involved??
Hugs,
Chris

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Hey Lisa , you got an Etsy shop before me ( bear_happy ) where is it , I wanna see !!  bear_smile
I keep on "nearly" opening one .... some day very soon .....
A profile raising bear team sounds such a good idea too .
Ruth  bear_flower

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Christine: when I clicked your link it told me that you don't exist!  bear_shocked  Where or where are you?

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi , I have one, just got it started last week..................http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5652056

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website
Marlys wrote:

Christine: when I clicked your link it told me that you don't exist!  bear_shocked  Where or where are you?

Doh!  It would have helped if I could spell my own shop name properly!! bear_grin

Try this: www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5583990

My username is EnglishEccentric.

Hugs,
Chrisx

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

I have an Etsy shop but havenĀ“t sold anything yet.
I have bough some though - there are so many lovely things
just love it.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Hey Ruth,

It's not much of anything really.  :redface:  Just a couple of bears hoping for new homes.  bear_original

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5596590

I find etsy so inspiring, there are just so many astoundingly creative people out there making the most beautiful things, sigh!

Hugs

Lisa

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

I have an etsy shop too:  http://www.cayascreations.etsy.com  I haven't sold much, but then again I haven't listed much on it either but hoping to use it a bit more in the future.

Shelley Bossert of Ursa Minor Miniatures is currently forming an Teddy Bear Etsy team if anyone is interested.

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

I opened an Etsy shop in March  http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5686953 , and have sold two bears.  Everyone says it is slow now.  I have also joined the group forming a Teddy Bear Etsy team.

Hugs,

Ellen

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

Well, I am going to join the Etsy teddy bear team too, it's a great idea! Christine is right you really have to market your bears on etsy. I have discovered several ways to do this, which I will share with my team members. Yea Team bear_thumb
Dorothy

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

If anyone is interested in the Etsy Artist Bear team being organized, you can pm me and I will send you the contact information.  Shelley says she would like the names as soon as possible, though.

Board footer