Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original :dance: The postman finally brought the little bear I bought from Kim!!

She looked adorable in the pictures, but I want you all to know how much more beautiful she is in the fur, and what an amazing artist our Kimmers is! Her proportions are perfect, her sparkly nose is amazing, her tiny face is full of character. An exquisite little bruin. She's the first artist bear in my hug, and I love her.  :love:

:hug: THANKS, KIM  :hug:

Eileen

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

:clap: Oh, Eileen, I'm so happy for you!! I'm sure Kim's bear is wonderful and full of life and character!! :love:

Julia.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That is so nice.
Picture please??
Heather

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

jaidensittingonchair.JPGThank you Eileen! Glad you like her... she was one of my favs that I have made... hey, can you take a pic and post... I will post one of her here too but I didnt know where my macro button was at on my camera at the time...

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I will post some pictures, Kim. She's my constant-companion pocket-bear!

I've got back-to-back meetings with students all weekend, so I haven't had a minute to spare, but stay tuned!!

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Oh that is ok... not a rush... I feel like an @$$ asking you now LOL  I am glad you like her!   bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_tongue Silly Kimmers!  :hug:

You're not an @$$.

I was hoping to have pix to post right away, but it's crunch time for my highschoolers and university students. I'm up to my ears in Dylan Thomas on Death, Shakespeare, Marxist Aesthetics (none, so far as I can figure it) and Sexuality Among the Institutionalized Elderly!

I can't complain! Money is mohair, right?

Eileen

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

"Jaiden" is absolutely cute !  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Eileen wrote:

and Sexuality Among the Institutionalized Elderly!

Say what??  Is that a class??!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Now you got me wondering too... is that a class???

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh It's part of one!!  :wacko:

One of my students is taking a course in geriatric nursing, and this is one of the topics they cover. I have no problem with geriatric sexuality, but the idea of studying it is creepy. Eeeww.  :P

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It isnt creapy to me, just surprised that they have a class that deals with it...  bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin Actually I'm glad to know that nurses are beginning to study the subject too. Apparently, now that people live longer, and are in better shape longer, it's become an issue in hospitals and long-term care institutions. There's a funny passage in my student's paper (which I can't quote) about a demented elderly patient chasing nurses and visitors!

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, I must say: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW!

So, your 90 years old....Skin hangs on body, false teeth don't stay put, hair is died blue, boobs sag to knees, you can barely bend down to pick up your slippers, walk with a walker and you expect to have some one find you attractive enough to have sex with?

I am so glad I didn't read this post when I was up in the middle of the night last night!

So, we've gone from Kim's cute little bear to Sexuality Among Institutionalized Elderly. Gotta love these threads!!  :doh:  :D

Speaking of threads, I have sewing to do and visions to try to block from my mind. Ick!  bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin Sorry about that, Daphne! My fault . . . but Sweet Dreams!  bear_grin

Eileen

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh for goodness sakes you sweet young things!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

It's not like you were studying your mother.......

and we all get old, said she, one of the elderly!

bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I actually thought one of the funnier parts of MEET THE FOCKERS was Barbra Streisand, as geriatric sex therapist/yogi.  Did anyone else catch that movie?  What genius, pairing Babs with Dustin Hoffman, and Blythe Danner with DeNiro. 

What a hoot to watch all those long-married couples, faux-coupling on their wedge-shaped "love cushions!"  bear_laugh bear_rolleyes bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, Shelli, I saw it . . . funnnnnyyyy!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: I loved Meet the Fockers and Meet the Parents! I also love Ben Stiller in anything . . . anybody else see Zoolander?  :)

Eileen

Board footer