Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

I wonder how often you clean up your dead links on your sites? I noticed a lot of web sites out there with links that are no longer valid or in business or those that link to irrelevant pages...some not so nice.

Do you check to see that when you swap links, it has a actually been honoured? I have found some that don't even have a links page let alone have honoured the swap.

Sometimes people revamp their sites and lose a banner/link along the way unintentionally, so it may pay to let them know your banner/link is missing.

I think our web sites are our business houses and should be maintained to show our best image to our current and perspective collectors...so I am getting ready for Spring Cleaning Fever!  bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

VERY good reminder, Sandi!  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I only have a very very few links, but I'd imagine for someone with a far bigger business this might be something to do once every 3 months.  Afterall, I know how disappointing it is for me to encounter these dead ends when I'm on a roll.

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Your post got me thinking Sandi so I went to my links page and clicked on everyone. They all worked but very few had done reciprocal links back to my site. Not sure what to do... a gentle reminder?

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
Nancy D wrote:

Your post got me thinking Sandi so I went to my links page and clicked on everyone. They all worked but very few had done reciprocal links back to my site. Not sure what to do... a gentle reminder?

Nancy I would send them a copy of your banner again with your current link and ask them nicely if they could pop it on their links page as promised. Check back in 14 days if it's not up and running then I would say it would be fair to delete their banner off your site.

I am a great believer in EQUAL RIGHTS ... Banner for Banner and Name link for Name link ... None of this, I'll put your lovely banner on, if you put a tiny little name link in some out of the way position on you site where no-one or his dog can find it!  :crackup:

The only way networking works is if the people using it work!!

crystalbear Crystal Bears
Derby

yes I agreed with thei.. I do get disappointed when they say they would swap and never did! bear_cry

Board footer