Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi all!  I thought I'd share a few progress pics of the Star Wars Mural; it seemed like there were a few of you who wanted to see! bear_original  Still some work to be done, but it's coming along!

This is the Left hand side of the playroom in relation to the entryway:
Star_Wars_L_1.jpg

This is the Right hand side:
Star_Wars_C_3.jpg
Star_Wars_R_1.jpg
Star_Wars_R_2.jpg
Star_Wars_R_3.jpg
Star_Wars_C_1.jpg

This is the far wall, or the 'cockpit':
Star_Wars_C_2.jpg
Yoda.jpg

The Death Star will also be in the window on the right side, closest to the cockpit, and there will be more ships, etc. flying around...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good gracious, girl . . . what talent you have!!  What a terrifically fun room this will be - wowowowowow, I am sooooo impressed!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Way cool!!! What little boy wouldn't want to play in there?!?  You're doing a fantastic job!!!  :clap:

Lynn Wisconsin

WOW!!!  I wish you lived closer, beautiful work Kim.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Awesome! I'm making sure that my kids don't see this thread, they'll want the same done to their bedrooms for sure.  bear_cool

Regards

Lisa

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Kim that's awesome I can't wait to see the finished room. The kids will really enjoy being in their room once it's finished.
I used to do murals years ago, I did a room for my niece of the magic rounderbout, shows how long ago that was. I also got paid really well for a bedroom that I did for a baby girl, the whole room was done like a fantasy forest with tiny faeries and woodland animals. It took me many weeks and the parents of the baby were so pleased with it that they paid me three times the money that they had agreed on.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

WOW WOW WOW Kim.......you're soooooo talented, the room looks FANTASTIC  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Can't wait to see the finished photos!!!

Hugs
Janice

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Very cool, love it, can't wait till to see it all finished!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

That kid is going to feel real bad when he's told to go stay in his room!!!  :clap:

Marvellous.  ....although I think I'd prefer the mouse hole for myself!

Marion

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Amazing!  I really shouldn't show these pics to my son but probably will.  He'll want to move in as soon as it's complete!

Hugs,
Alison

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

wow Kim! Your talent never stops!! What a great room for a little boy! bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you soo much, everyone!  Your compliments have me over the moon!!!  My friend told me (when she went over there with the family) that Samuel (the son) likes to pick up one of my paintbrushes and 'pretend he's painting all that stuff on the walls'! How cute!!!  That's the sort of thing that just makes me smile...  All of your comments are surely appreciated!  I hope I get to do more work in their home!!! Secretly, I'm DYING to show you all a pic of this home, but don't want to be brazen enough to post it... Maybe I'm being silly?

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

not silly at all Kim bear_original it must be one beautiful home, so take a picture :photo:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW what a wonderfully fun room. I just love the auxillary port hehehe keep the photos coming..................... :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

wow..thats fantastic..and not even finished yet!!!..makes me want to muralize my house!! tee hee
Kerrilyn

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! What an incredible talent you have Kimberly! We'd love to see the house - if the owners don't mind you posting it????

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Absolutely amazing! You are so talented! Wonderful!

Hugs Louise

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kim...that is soo COOL!!!  I love Star Wars,  Amazing work, girl!!!

Ft. Bragg, NC

I really appreciate ALL of your compliments on my mural... as an artist (I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about) I'm so self-critical, so for you all to give your imput is WONDERFUL! 

This is the home I'm working in... the pic really doesn't even do it justice... !! There is a loft in it that is accessed by a narrow, ladder-like stairway, and I'm DYING to paint it to look like a treehouse!!  I may have to do some sketches and present it to them just in passing... No, I'm not obsessing over it! hee hee hee  bear_laugh

Do you see why I'm in heaven working in this home, and am sooo excited for them to have actually chosen me to do the murals??
exterior_home.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  HUGE!!!  Do you know how many square feet it is?

Ft. Bragg, NC

About 18,000.. They stopped counting at 16,000... I guess after that, why bother!  bear_laugh

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

what do people do wth that kind of floor space?! i cant keep MY house clean!! shhesh!  the mural is fantastic! i want to be small and go play there!  Love the photos! the layout of the mural versus the room is perfect! great job!! deb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

And this is Trompe L'Oeil, right Kim? There are no real set-in, angled windows there?

I hope you're getting a nice big check to match your talent.

As well as keeping all of these pix to go into your Resumé???

Love your new Hair Cut; It also cuts about 10 years off you - you look just like a college student!!!

So whose children are those that you're au pairing for???  LOL

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

bear_shocked Kim that is just amazing!!! You are one seriously talented lady!  bear_thumb
That's not a house--it's a castle!!!! The little mouse is my favorite...Indiana is near Ohio...Could you come and paint one in my studio? bear_grin

Ft. Bragg, NC

Deb, I wondered the same thng - I would have a hard time keeping a house that big clean... but I'm certain that they will have someone come in occasionally to do a cleaning.  But day to day housekeeping she will do! Yikes!  I'd be exhausted! lol

Bobbie, you are right, there are no set ins or angled walls.  They started out as flat walls; it's all an illusion. Thank you for the compliment on my haircut! bear_original  It's starting to grow out now... still debating over whether I want to cut it again...  bear_whistle I have taken TONS of pictures.... I can't wait 'til I'm done and take the final pics!

Tami, yeah! I am right next door to you! Where in Ohio do you live?  I would love to come paint a mouse hole in your studio! bear_laugh

They are such wonderful, down to earth people.  The kids aren't snotty, they are polite and respectful, and the homeowners are so modest.  She cracked me up the other day when I was there; she wanted business cards from me so that she could give them to a couple of builder friends that they have.  She asked me if I knew who they were and I said I'd heard of them, but hadn't ever seen any of the homes they build.  She leaned in and was like, "Yeah, ya know... they're the ones who build those REALLY big homes..." with her eyes all big and serious...  bear_laugh  I thought, "And what exactly is this?????"

Board footer