Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

MasonAdFinger.jpgJust finished up a new little guy... Mason.... wanted to upload a quick picture.... now off to finish up dinner and get the kids clothes folded... what an endless task!

Beray truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

OOOOOOhhhh Wonderful, Wonderful -  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: bear_thumb bear_thumb bear_thumb
what would I not do to have a bear like him - he is just sooo sweet and innocent
All this and kiddy care too  bear_flower bear_flower
Most impressive!!
:hug: :hug:
Anne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Mason is adorable and has such an appealing expression!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Kim, I just love your bears. He's beautiful. And if it wasn't for the blue collar around his neck, he might get mistaken for a real little critter!  bear_wub

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I swear your bears are real Kim! He really has 'it'. Beautiful! bear_wub

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Thanks Kim for all your input. I like making miniatures even if they don't sell as well for me. You give us all something to aspire to. bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: Incredible, Kim! It's true . . . this one does look especially alive!  :thumbsup:

What a sweetie.  :love:

Eileen

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

ahhhhhh sooooo sweet - he is sure to fly when you sell him :)

Hugs
Catherine

Hudson, Ohio

You girls are too kind!   :redface:
The two biggest things I strive for in making miniatures are
1.  That they look like they could be big teddies; and
2.  That they look as if they could be real.  The "real" thing is something that has taken a whole lot of time to develop for me, and it's not something that appeals to everyone.
         Certainly I don't make realistic bears... that is, they don't look at all like their real world counterparts..... But I like to think that I strive to make teddies that look like an "alive teddy bear."  I am way too caught up in my own childhood, I think!  I was one of those little girls who was way too obsessed with the whole tea party thing.  My mom collected antique child sized tea sets when I was young (and still does!!!!).  I also had several fairly inexpensive ones that I could really play with.  Every single day I'd set up my most loved dolls and teddies and various other stuffed animals & sit down to tea with my friends.... real tea!  Like most little girls I'd talk to them and pretend that they could move and talk back to me.  I always used to wish that somehow they'd all come to life and really be able to drink from the tiny cups.... literally, I'd close my eyes and actually pray to God for it to happen!  I also used to enlist the help of my little brother in the charade.  I'd walk out of the room and have him pose them all differently and drink all the tea, so that when I'd come back it was as if they'd really done it themselves.  Just a really common childhood make belive world.... but OH I wanted them to be real so bad that I could taste it!
When i am done with a bear, I guess that's pretty much the standard I judge my own work by... does he or she look like someone I'd like to sit down to tea with!  I know that I am way too caught up in my own childish fantasies!!!!!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

No Kim, it just sounds like you've always had a rich imagination and can draw from that experience! And little Mason is truly an 'alive' bear if ever there was one!!! He's just adorable and I'll look forward to see more pics when you put him up for auction (?).  bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Gorgeous kim  bear_wub and I think you succeed in both of your aspirations...geez, I really thought I was the only one who was a girl peter pan!  seriously, I'm not just saying it...I started making porcelain dolls at 16 and my friends thought I was nuts..I should be growing out of dolls not into them!!...i really didn't and still don't want to grow up...toys and bears and dolls are too much fun hehe...I can imagine if I have kids that they will have there toys and I will have mine lol...now although I don't have as much of a vivid pretending imagination anymore I still dream and can block out reality...even my star sign tells me that i live in my own fantasy world and escape in my dreams!  are you a sag by any chance! hehe  bear_tongue
hugs sarah

Hudson, Ohio
Jellybelly Bears wrote:

I really thought I was the only one who was a girl peter pan!  ...even my star sign tells me that i live in my own fantasy world and escape in my dreams!  are you a sag by any chance! hehe  bear_tongue
hugs sarah

Definitely a female version of Peter Pan here!   I can't remember for the life of me whether the actual age of Peter Pan was given in the books/movies, etc.... But for me, I'd say I mentally about 7 and 1/2!  Though I'm thinking Peter was more like 12?  Well, apparently physically, I can be mistaken for an eighth grader (that would be someone about 13 or 14 for those of you in countries with different names for school grades!) ... from the rear at least!!!! Learned that yesterday.  Not completely thrilled about it either to be honest!  I had to go into my son's Middle School yesterday to pick up one of his school projects.  I was trying to get to Room 149 before the bell rang and the hallways turned into a herd of preteens.... So I am jogging down the hallway, 60 seconds before the bell rings, huge purse on my shoulder and pony tail flying in the breeze... and I hear a bellowing from behind me, "No running in the halls and all book bags in lockers until dismissal!!!!!"  Had a momentary Middle School flashback, turned 7 shades of red, I'm sure!  How completely mortifying!  Had to turn around to flash my obviously 30 something face to the also completely mortified 8th grade algebra teacher!

Actually Sarah, I'm a Cancer, a moonchild, which means that I am nurturing/motherly, moody as heck, a dreamer, and a homebody... fairly accurate for me actually! 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

I have a daughter who is almost 3. This kid has more dolls already than I ever had. And why does she have so many??? Because mommy secretly loves them probably more than she does.  :redface: When she gets something new, I just can't wait to get it home and take her out of the box and play with her!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Miss Kim......And all the rest of the kids on this forum:

I see absolutely nothing at all with living in the reality of your own choosing.

Actually, if you were to study psychology and psychiatry you would see that we all do that.  The main difference is that most people try to match their reality with the standard for the society they live in

"They" call that the NORM

Go figure

I look around at our world and think 'who wants this to be the norm' and am just as happy as a fat little kitten sitting in the middle of a saucer of cream living in my own little gollybear world.

But you may not have noticed.... bear_grin

My hubby thinks I am totaly insane, (in a good way,) the way I create the reality I want for my gollies.  and me.  and the teds that live her too.

Please don't grow up!

Grownups don't have nearly as much fun

Grownups worry about everything

Grownups have ulcers...( I know I used to be one)

Grownups loose the imagination needed to create the wonderful things we get to create!

Your bears are truly wonderful-you do succeed at the almost-alive-full-grown-teddy look

Some of your creations make me want to cry they are so precious....

don't grow up.......please.......our world needs more kids like you!

bear_wub :hug:

bear_tongue

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh Kim, you do a great job making your bears as if they are 'alive'. I believe it!!

I never used to have tea parties, but I also used to hope and pray my stuffies would come to life. I wanted one soooo bad!!
Then Fraggle Rock came out, and I thought I would die if I didn't get a fragle.

Interesting I'm not the only one. I guess that's why as soon as I found teddy making, it was love at 1st sight.

Heather

Australia

Oh kim, that story is so funny, even tho I'm too tired to laugh I'm cracking up inside lol  bear_laugh  Feel proud to be mistaken for a teenager  :lol:
Hmmmm..I think I would like to stay at 8 to 10 before all the self conciousness sets in lol
And come on...how many of us still secretly wish our bears were alive  :P
Hugs Sarah

Australia
Sandi.S. wrote:

I have a daughter who is almost 3. This kid has more dolls already than I ever had. And why does she have so many??? Because mommy secretly loves them probably more than she does.  :redface: When she gets something new, I just can't wait to get it home and take her out of the box and play with her!

Oh Sandi, so funny..My mum bought so many dolls for us coz she loved them too and we still have everything!!  and can you believe I still buy barbies and anything that is too cute to leave in the shops for if I ever have kids...which I won't be...how crazy is that lol  bear_laugh
we should start like a support club for this lol  bear_laugh ..what should we be called lol
HUgs Sarah

Australia

:clap: Very well said Dilu...yay to the grown up kids of the world!!!   :clap: :dance:
It is a little embarrassing when my 5 year old niece thinks i am a kid and when i say no, she askes why i still have toys in my room...ummm.  lol.  she love it. 
hugs sarah

Dilu wrote:

Oh Miss Kim......And all the rest of the kids on this forum:

I see absolutely nothing at all with living in the reality of your own choosing.

Actually, if you were to study psychology and psychiatry you would see that we all do that.  The main difference is that most people try to match their reality with the standard for the society they live in

"They" call that the NORM

Go figure

I look around at our world and think 'who wants this to be the norm' and am just as happy as a fat little kitten sitting in the middle of a saucer of cream living in my own little gollybear world.

But you may not have noticed.... bear_grin

My hubby thinks I am totaly insane, (in a good way,) the way I create the reality I want for my gollies.  and me.  and the teds that live her too.

Please don't grow up!

Grownups don't have nearly as much fun

Grownups worry about everything

Grownups have ulcers...( I know I used to be one)

Grownups loose the imagination needed to create the wonderful things we get to create!

Your bears are truly wonderful-you do succeed at the almost-alive-full-grown-teddy look

Some of your creations make me want to cry they are so precious....

don't grow up.......please.......our world needs more kids like you!

bear_wub :hug:

:P

Jaynes Little Bears Posts: 29

Hello Kim, I love this little bear so much. I want him to come and live with me, so Ive placed my bid and have now got my fingers crossed that no one outbids me. He really would be very happy at my home. Hes wonderful.
Hugs Jayne

Sarah- I definitely need a support group! We'll have to think of something. My mom can join too. She has the granddaughters spoiled rotten. She visits Toys R Us on a weekly basis when she has time between her doc appointments. And I check out their website every Monday to find out what's on sale. I am sooo finished Christmas shopping for the little girls in my family. My fiancee has no idea. Everything is hidden. Some even at my mom's house so he doesn't see all the bags when I get home. He's gonna have a heart attack after Santa Claus leaves all this stuff.  :lol:

Yes, I definitely need help.

Pipa UK

AWWWWW he looks like a little kitten just been born !!!

Pipa, you're right! When I first saw him I thought he looked so real, like a little baby. I couldn't figure out what kind though, but a kitten is so right! Now I have to scroll back up and look at him again! Kim, he really is the sweetest little thing I've ever seen.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Kim mason is soooo cute, I agree he looks like a kitten just wanting a cuddle :clap:

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Its hard to come up with a new word when we see something so precious as your bear..he does look like a real teddy bear...alive....and so dang darling !...Winney

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Board footer