Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I went for an eye appointment this morning and my eye pressure is back to almost where it was before surgery...not good.  I'm having to have another invasive procedure done on the 30th to hopefully reopen my eye.  So...I'm feeling a little blue today.  I had really hoped this would not happen this time around.  My poor doctor could tell I was about ready to cry...he got all sweet on me...said it was just a minor set back...we've been here before...we'll just keep plugging along.

bear_cry  bear_cry

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

:hug: Oh Shantell, I am sorry!  Hope thinks take a turn for the better for you  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Shantell,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're suffering. Your doctor is probably right, though. Hang in there, m'dear!  :hug:

Eileen

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Shantell - I'm very sorry to hear it.  It must be terrible for you.

I'm hoping it'll get better.   I know how frustrating your health can be!
Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Just trust the doc that it's only a MINOR setback and keep on truckin'.  Sorry you have to go back in for another procedure . . . hope it goes well and that it will be a permanent fix.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey girl... hang in there.  Life hands us some bummer cards in the ol' hand we get dealt, eh?  Sounds glib, but it comes down to that, I think, sometimes.  You just gotta keep playing with what you've got.

You know, I hope, that I feel for you deeply.

Hang in there, and let me know if there's anything I can do, personally, to lighten the load.

Hugs,

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh,Shantell,I'm so very sorry  bear_cry  Your bears are coming along so wonderfully and you will get through this and make more wonderful bears,I just know it!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Sweet Shantall...what a pain (literally!!) this eye thing is for you. I do hope that the next procedure will be the end of it all. We're all thinking' of you! :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh darlin, I am so so very sorry.  i will keep your poor eyes in my prayers....keep us posted.....

hugs and lots of love

Dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Shantell,
I am very sorry to hear that...  bear_cry
I hope your eye pressure will be back to good soon.  :pray:

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Hugs/Marie

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I am so sorrry Shantell! Listen, you worry about nothing and take time to pamper yourself! Many hugs and we are all thinking of you!

Many Hugs Louise

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Shantell poor thing!  I know someone who just went through that. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Shantell you poor darling, don't worry too much I know it is so upsetting for you. but just remember what the doctor said and hang on in there! I will be thinking of you.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jane bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh dear Shantell! I am soooo sorry you are upset!
I am sure it will heal well! all my hopes for you.  bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

animat1xi.gif

:hug: :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Keep your chin up Shantell - we are all thinking of you and wishing you well here at Teddy Talk
bear_wub  bear_thumb  :rose:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you sweetie

Penny  :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I hope all goes well. My Auntie is 60 and has been having trouble with her eyes. She is better than she was a few months ago. Like everyone says hang in there. :hug:

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Shantell,

Sorry to hear your appointment did not go well.  Just wanted to share our experience.  My hubby had a macular pucker in his eye which distorted his vision.  Had surgery and then all the drops you wouldn't believe afterwards.  I was trying to work and administer the drops too (he couldn't do it).   We were battling the eye pressure too.  It just wouldn't come down.  Then the doctor discovered that one particular drop (a steriod if I remember right) was making the pressure come up, not the eye itself.   So he changed the drops and the pressure started coming down.   

It did take some time, so please be patient.  I know it is a hard thing to do especially since you want to work on those cute, furry little bears.   This is just a short setback.  I will pray that you too will be fine in a short while.  Hang in there!

Hugs,

Wanda

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Thinking of you, Shantell.....

Jenny

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thinking of you as well Shantell, hang in there.  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks everyone....I'm not normally quite this much of a whiner...I'm just a bit weary from it all.  I know I have the absolutely best doctor around so I trust him completely with my vision.

I did receive a very nice email from a bear collector who saw my bear on Ebay and said she was so happy to see a local artist (she's from Oregon) as there are not many around here.  She really likes my bear, etc., etc. and will be keeping her eyes on them in the future.  So it gave me a good ego boost.   :thumbsup:

So...with the bad always comes the good...okay...well usually!!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh shantell, I'm a little late here, but I wanted to say sorry as well.  d040.gif  It's always good to vent, so I'm glad you can do it here.
It'll get better, and if I remember correctly, after your last one, I started to love your bears even more. They seemed to get 'cuter'.
Hang in there girl, vent anytime you like,
Heather

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Dear Shantell, Just remember you can't have 'highs' without 'lows', so that was your low and everything will get better now.
Beary big hug, Glenys

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Isn't it neat how something comes along to keep us in the game when things are so bleak?  I am so glad you found a new potential customer.....you keep your eye on her while she keeps her eye on yur bears.  You saved her email address right?  So send her pics before you post to e-bay---give her first crack.....

Or something along those lines? 

Hang in there honey...still thinking about you......

Dilu

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Thinking about you Shantell and wishing nothing but the best!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Board footer