Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

Dakota.JPGDakota-sleeping.JPGHi everyone, here she is and she loves to sleep on her back. She's 3 and a half months now and 32 lbs bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

She is just sooooooooo cute!!! bear_wub  bear_wub

Thank you Daphne bear_grin she can be real naughty too! How's your dog doing now?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

All puppies have naughty moments!  bear_laugh Makes us appreciate them even more when they are being good! Looking cute while being sound asleep is my favorite time! LOL!

Thanks for asking about Tucker, Brenda. He's doing pretty good but still on strong antibiotics for the staph infection and on allergy pills and nasal spray for allergies that just won't quit. Until the allergies and infection are completely gone the Lupus can't be treated or even analyzed to know how bad it is. Just looking at his nose makes me feel so bad for him. It's all bright pink and inflammed inside and where they took biopsies he's got chunks permanantly gone. (Did you want to know all this! LOL!!) But he's eating and playing and being his goofy self for the most part so he doesn't feel too bad. The meds make him a little dopey but he's normally very hyper so I'm not complaining. bear_tongue

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

awwww, she is still sooo cute!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Dakota is beautiful, what a sweet...well I went to say little guy but at 32 pounds already wow! Just how big will he grow?  bear_grin

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

She's adorable!  I just want to reach down and tickle that fat little belly.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

She is sooo sweet bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

an absolute beauty! with a face that says "who me?!" thanks for sharing!  and the update on Tucker!  deb

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Hi Brenda, was wondering what breed Dakota is. She's a very sweet looking pup. I love big dogs, my Ralphie weighs in at anywhere between 35 and 42kgs, depending on how hungry he's been looking! I have to try to keep the weight off him however, now that he's an old boy. At last weigh in, he was 35kgs, but has since spent some weeks at a friend's and I fear she overfed him, I think he appealed to her soft touch! bear_wub

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Very cute baby. Maisie is almost 9 mos old now and she's still a challenge.

Daphne, glad Tucker is doing well considering. It seems it's taking awhile to get rid of the infection and can you ever really get him off allergy pills if he needs them? Poor baby's nose but at least he seems to be enjoying life and still goofy.

Daphne ~ so glad Tucker is still feeling really good enough to play, and sounds like he has such a zest for life! bear_thumb  Sarah~ thank you and how is your dog doing now too?  Thank you for sweet comments on her Jane, Millie, Laurie, and Deb bear_grin  Linda ~ She's a Bernese Mountain Dog, I too prefer medium to large dogs best too but their all loveable and huggable! bear_smile even though I was bit by the eye by a big yellow lab when I was little. She will get to be about 70 to 80 lbs, my vet already told me to stop feeding her puppy food now. Marlys ~ What breed is your dog? I'm really anxious to get the puppy stage over with but I fear these breeds are slow to mature bear_happy

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

What a cutie, she sure is getting big!  bear_wub

Kathleen Pa

She sure is a sweetie!

Kathleen

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wub  I've always wanted a Bernese Mountain Dog!!!  bear_wub   Dakota is such a cute little girlie!!!   bear_wub  Well, she's soon to be a big girlie, but I'm sure she'll always be 'your little girl'  bear_laugh

Daphne, its the quality of life you go by.   bear_thumb   It Tucker says its still all good, then its most definitely all good.  LOL, glad to hear the drugs are slowing down some of his hyper for you  bear_laugh  :hug:

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Oooh I thought so, absolutely beautiful! Ralph is a Lab/German Shepherd cross, but he looks alot like a Bernese Mountain Dog, in fact he's been mistaken for one on many occasions! He hasn't got as much white on him as your classic Bernese, but he does have the gentle nature. He's my big gentle giant! He's 11 & 1/2 now and has slowed down alot so it's getting really hard to keep the weight off him. He's still in good health, perhaps a little creaky in some joints, but I give him fish oil for that and it seems to help alot. He reminds me of a bear, and he's very inspiring to have around! Here's a pic so you can see what I mean....... bear_wub  bear_wub 210.JPG

Ooooh, I just SO want to kiss him right on the bridge of the nose  bear_wub   What a gorgeous boy!!!  And you're doing a fantastic job keeping him healthy and happy at his age  :clap:   Its a lot harder on the bigger ones, but he looks wonderful  bear_wub

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Yes he gets lots of kisses from me right there! I do love him so much. bear_wub  I want to keep him healthy and strong as long as possible, he really is doing well. The vet though he was 8 when she saw him in July!

Thanks a bunch Kathleen, Tami, and Debbie bear_grin and Linda ~ Gorgeous dog you have! just beautiful bear_original  I can't wait till Dakota ia a little older and a bit more calmer, I really hope she become a calm, gentle giant bear_happy

busserbears Busser Bears
Elkhart, Indiana

Yep, he's got the german sheperd eyes alright!  Ours is just about 3 and it was like looking into hers!
hugs,
Leeann Krikau
Busser Bears

svenstrup Svenstrup Originalz
Malling, Denmark

aww she is cute!

Love her name  bear_wub

:crackup:   You stinker!  You had me up all last night looking at pics of Berner puppies!  Naughty!!! 

Repeat after me...I cannot have another critter, I cannot have another critter, I cannot have another critter  bear_whistle  bear_wub  :crackup:

Debbie ~ They are cute aren't they?? bear_happy  I've read so much about them and the health risks they can have but........ I hope she ends up being one that lives to be 10 or even older. I have heard also that when you get any puppy from a petstore that the breeders don't give a crap but on her chart I received they had the breeders  name whited out and I scratched it off bear_rolleyes and when I took her to the vet the one girl does know her and says she is a good breeder soo......and also they said at the petstore that if I do want info the manager can tell me what I want to know, so maybe there is some hope for some petshops bear_original

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I think to keep these big dogs healthy you need to give them meaty bones EVERY day, ralph gets a premium dry food (a low fat one now) and a few meaty bones. His teeth are excellent and he's never had any major health issues. And keep them moving! It's good for you as well as the dog! bear_grin  bear_grin

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

AWWWWWW!!! such a cute puppy! Berners are such sweet dogs.  Makes me want another puppy!! But I already have 2 dogs
I've got a Leonberger so know what it's like to have a REALLY big dog--with LOTS of hair. Though most Bernese Mtn dogs have more hair than Leonbergers. I can attest to that from what I see and deal with at the self service pet wash I work at.  My other dog is a mutt that is supposed to be a Great Pyrenees mix but he is not that big. He is about half the size of my Leo.
I bet you are having loads of fun with Dakota!!! bear_original
Beth

Board footer