Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I haven't had much time off lately, I have been working too many hours but I am still working on bears, I finished this little bear and she turned out so cute right until I got out my NEW copic markers to do a little shading. Word to the wise here, New copic markers are alot darker than your two year old markers!!! My old markers tend to have less ink now and are a lighter less intense than when they are brand new and I started to shade on this new bear with these New markers. Well lets just say there was no saving her!!

Fortunately I stopped at her head, so I removed ( that's a nice way of saying it) her head. she has been sitting here all week headless, so today it struck me a seriously seasonly funny that I have a headless bear on the shelf, a new head completed and not attached to a body on the sewing table, and a half cut out bear on the side table. I feel like a serial bear killer with stray bodies and parts here and there, ooohhh oohhhh aarrgh!!

headlesshaha.jpg

Season's ghoolings to you!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kathy, every time I see a headless bear I can't help but think of it as a turkey waiting to be cooked  :crackup: .  That is what it looks like to me anyway  .  Sorry to hear about your maker problem, I've done that too with new markers.  I'm sure this bear will be happy to get it's new head.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Didn't you have any of their Color Blenders???????? I have yet to see a shade (except Black, whch smudges gray) which cannot be completely eliminated using them!!

I hope you haven't binned the head. Get a fresh new blender or get your present one refilled and start working on it, a layer at a time. IT CAN BE SALVAGED!!!!!!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

oh no  bear_shocked , but i understand lol, although i usually can't bear to pull them apart, and the "dud" bear sits there for a long time, and then gets shoved in a box haha, have you made a new head yet?

Board footer