Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

nascha_gallery_03.jpgnascha_gallery_02.jpgnascha_gallery_01.jpgHi everyone!  I just finished my latest commission work.  I was asked to make a baby owl, and this is the result.  She is made of super soft & fluffy muskrat fur (recycled) and has open/close eyes.  I individually hand carved her beak and claws from found (while hiking) moose antler.  Her head is jointed & the rest of her is armatured.  I'm just in the process of finishing her pics and making her a web page, but couldn't wait to share her on TT.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Melissa, she is just wonderful.  Your creations are such a joy to see.  Her new Mama is going to be thrilled.

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you Christine!  :hug:   Nascha was fun & a challenge at the same time... my first soft sculpture bird!

Birgitta's bears Uppsala, Sweden

Oh, what an adorable baby owl!
I wish I had your talent coming up with this wonderful creation!

Are you going to write a bearmaking book near in the future?

hugs
Birgitta

P.S. You made my morning. I am up early making my daughters lunchbox to the stable this sunday morning. It´s 6:52 am here in Sweden D.S.

Hazelton, BC
Website

Hi Birgitta!  :hug:  That's an early Sunday morning!  Here it is 10:22pm Saturday evening.  Thank you so much for the compliment on Nascha.  bear_original  It would be neat to make a bear making book, but I don't think I could really add to the great books already out there and all the great info here on Teddy Talk!

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Melisa,

She is one cute baby owl! I don't know how you do it, but you must be very creative. :clap:  :clap:
You never seem to be stop at any challenge. bear_rolleyes
Her new mum will adore her.
love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Melisa I think she's the most adorable baby bird I've ever seen !!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Her new mum will feel so priviledged to give her cuddles  bear_happy  She is gorgeous !  :clap:  :clap:
Huggies , Ruth

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

She is soooo sweet Melisa-my 10 year old son loves her bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Sallyanne Sally Anne Bears
Lincoln
Website

Nascha is wonderful, I love everything about her bear_wub including her name. What a very talented young lady you are :clap:

Hugs
Sandra

Tanni Kn
Wachtendonk

What a cute little thing, great work !  bear_thumb

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you!  You are all so sweet to comment on her and brighten my day!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: I just heard from Nascha's new owner & she is so excited about her!

You never seem to be stop at any challenge.

You're right Kay!  I love a challenge... I guess that's why I have three kids & home school!  :crackup:

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Melissa,
She is JUST adorable ....an awesome Job. Mikki

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

What a beautiful little baby,  I am an avid birdwatcher and all around bird lover and this little girl has stolen my heart.  Muskrat fur is so beautiful and wonderful to work with, and it was just the right fur for her.  As always you have done wonderful work
Joanne

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you so much!  :hug:  :hug:  I enjoyed making this little one so much that I'll have to try my hand at another bird soon!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Superb! she looks real :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you Wendy!   :hug:

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

Awwww!!! Just absolutely perfect!!! WOW!!! You should definately make more!!!  bear_wub

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Wow, totally beautiful and very cute!! bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Melisa you are so talented, a beautiful little creation and I love it  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you Kimi, Marilyn and Pauline!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  It's great to have such positive feedback on a new design!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Absolutely adorable!

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you Paula!   :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Melisa, what a little stunner!    bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   I just adore owls, they are beautiful creatures and they fascinate me, just like each one of your creations, you are amazing!!   :hug:  :hug:

Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you so much Clare!  You're making me blush!   :redface:  bear_grin

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

Melisa, she is gorgeous bear_wub can't believe you carved moose antler, that is amazing :clap:  :clap:

Board footer