Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

widget-72x600.jpgLaure Weltsch here.  Many months since any posting.  Big changes.  Some of you may recall a lost luggage mishap that happened to me on 9/11/07.  American Airlines wasn't too helpful in reimbursing my loss, but my homeowner's insurance came through a year later, just about the time I needed some cash to help me as I sallied forth upon a completely new life.

A month or so before I moved out, I came to realize I was like a frog in hot water.  Life had been far inferior to my expectations and my needs for a long, long time, but I hadn't noticed.  I have now jumped out of the kettle and landed in an artist studio in Old Town Eureka, CA.  I love it here.  The 1st Saturday of each month, all of the Old Town shops, and my whole building, are open to the public for a celebration called "Arts Alive".  Basically I get to have a "free" show every month.  Cool, Huh?

I'm still wearing my wedding ring, but if I am to continue doing so for much longer, it will be because a miracle has taken place in my marriage. ( I do believe in miracles)

I am looking forward to future website updates and more web presence as my life stabilizes.

Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated.

Love,
Laure  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Good to hear from you again Laure!  Lovely bear too!  Wishing you well with your new start x :hug:

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

My thoughts and prayers are with you Laurie...having been where you are now.

I had an unexpected turn around though and things are fine again....

Hope you find and are happy with your new life. The one thing I found was that the experiance taught me to be a much stronger woman and that I do have value in this world, whether it is on my own or with somebody..

Always be true to YOUR values and standards...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hello, Laure . . . it's so very good to hear from you!  Your change-in-life status sounds like a positive step toward a happier, more genuine YOU.  I wish all good things for you and much luck with the new beginning.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a fantastic treat today, to hear from you again, Laure, and with the bonus of seeing one of your precious, precious bears.  I'm also of the "been there, done that" crowd, and am sending you all the love, support and sisterhood in the world.

Hugs and warm wishes, friend.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

PS  Can we come see you and your wares?  Give us some info about those monthly open houses, or if you'd rather not post it publicly, please send it to me via PM!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Laure,
dilu here.....so good to hear from you, I have missed you.

Congratulations for your life affirming fearless steps forward.  I am so sorry about the maraige, and believe in miracles too. 

I love the teddy you posted- such a winsome sweet face.

I hope we will see more of you, its great to have you back!

hugs.

dilu

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Good luck Laure...and I have to say that's one of the nicest bears I have seen in a long time....!! :hug:

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

So glad that you are back Laure,  funny that I ran across a topic just the other day that you had made a post on a long time ago. That's when it hit me that I hadn't seen you posting or seen any of your beautiful bears, welcome back (I do remember you posting about the lost luggage and everything that was in it  bear_wacko ).   Sounds like life is getting better for you, life does send us on some unusual journeys  not always the path we thought it was going to be but that makes us all stronger and better people.

Keep up the great work and I agree that is one of the sweetest bears I have seen in a long long time.

big hugs

Shane

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Good luck on your new start, that bear is adorable!

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Laure, sending good thoughts and prayers your way! :pray:  :hug:  :pray:    Awesome how your luggage mishap came through when you needed it!  bear_innocent   Your bears and critters are so unique and lovely! Glad to "see" you and them, again!

Hugs and prayers,
             JeannieB bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Laure,
Great to hear from you again.  We missed you. :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:

Arts Alive sounds fantastic.  I know you'll do well...and oh my...that bear....Iabsolutley love him love him. bear_wub

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Laure, don't panic

All you need to do is to delete your original post, its in the bottom right hand corner of the post
:hug:  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Laure,
     If you delete your first post, (right hand bottom corner), it will erase the entire thread OR you can just delete the individual post with your contact information in it,  the same way, (click edit and then the delete button).  What a  worry - that's just creepy!

hugs,

Brenda

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Hmmmm.  You're quite sure the letter was from San Quentin, and not from the alienated spouse or one of his friends?  Just food for thought.  But yes, go ahead and delete your post, it's not wise to post that much personal contact info on the web one way or the other.

Best wishes,
Kelly

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Whew!  I feel better now, having deleted the personal info post. 

FYI, I received some unsolicited mail from a stranger, on subjects not clearly teddy bear related.  By the content of the letter, it seems he must have found my former address on the internet.  A word to the wise, your personal info my be in lists on the internet withought your knowledge.  Check the websites of any service organizations, etc. that you may belong to.

bear_noexpression   bear_noexpression  bear_noexpression  Here's a fitting use for the deadpan (non)smiley
Laure

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

So glad your sorted  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer