Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Thanks to everyone's good wishes on my birthday, and Jane, for her cute card. But today is a sad day for me.  We had to let of Scottie boy, Harley, pass on this morning. He was just a month short of his 11th birthday and he was the baby of the four Scotties we had all at the same time. Hugo passed 4 years ago, and you may remember that we lost Tulie and Emma just a couple weeks apart last Christmas.

This poor baby was always a puppy at heart but we noticed a decline after the girls passed...one reason we got Maisie, who is 10 months now, was to give him a companion. He was in late stages of liver and kidney failure and his pancreas was badly damaged because of his meds.

Poor Maisie is just so subdued today. She's usually a little tornado but she's spent most of the day in her crate.

Thanks everyone for being here4 to talk to.

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

So sorry to hear.Very hard to ,lose a dear friend,a member of the family.Mikki

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

oh you poor poor thing. What a horrible thing to go through at any time, but on your birthday....  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I'm so sorry :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I'm sorry to hear that.   bear_cry

But, instead of feeling sad, maybe you can try to remember that Harley doesn't have to be sick any more.
You won't have to see Harley in poor health any more.   You'll be able to remember him the way he was instead of being reminded of him when he moped around, feeling sick and potentially in pain all the time.

It wouldn't be right to expect that you'd be happy about losing your pet but, hopefully, it's a little bit of silver lining in a dark cloud.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Oh Marlys,  I am so very very sorry to hear about your dear little scottie and on your birthday too, how awful...., having been there quite a few times myself in the last couple of years, I know the heartache you must be feeling right now...sending big hugs your way,
take care.. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

All my love and special thoughts to you.  It is such a difficult time when we have to say goodbye to one of our very special fur babies.  My heart really goes out to you.  Wasn't he lucky to have such a wonderful life with you though.

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

So Sorry Marlys, and on your birthday too,  I lost my Jake on my birthday too, 4 years ago bear_cry
At least you had all those wonderful years together, and now you can give all your attention to Maisie, who sounds like she might need it :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  My sympathy for the loss of Harley, Marlys . . . it does hurt so much to lose a beloved pet.  Peace and comfort to you.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh sweety, I'm so sorry to hear of your fur baby loss!!! I know how much it hurts to lose one. Sending prayers to comfort you during this sad time! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

I am so sorry to hear of your losing Harley! It is so sad it had to be on your birthday too. My heart goes out to you! Losing a beloved pet is sooooo hard.

Beth

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Marlys,

I am so sorry to hear of your beloved Harley Scottie and I know that the heartache you will be feeling.

It is so hard as I have known what it is like to lose our beloved Heidi this year, with much the same condition.

Sending hugs and comfort to you.
Also hugs to Maisie,

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

So sorry to hear that your birthday turned into such a sad day for you Marlys. Sending you some hugs to cheer you up.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I'm so sorry :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad
what a terrible loss...
So sorry for you  :hug:
:hug:
Kathy

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

Marlys, I am so sorry for your loss.  :hug:  Pam

Kathleen Pa

so sorry for your loss :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kathleen

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I am so sorry for your loss  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I'm so very sorry Marlys,   bear_sad  biggest warmest hugs  :hug:  :hug:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Thinking of you bear_wub

puca bears puca bears

I'm SO sorry.............it is always such a heartache to lose a beloved furry friend .
lots of hugs to you and the rest of your family
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Marlys sweetheart, how very sad. We all love and treasure our furry family members and I know just how much sadness you will be going through right now. It sounds as if Harley was really ill, bless his little heart. A very sad day and your birthday too.
Big hugs to you and your family Marlys.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Dear Marly so sorry to hear your sad news our fur babies mean so much to us I hope I can have my boys for 11 years plus how lucky you were  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs

Raewyn

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Oh dear...that's such a shame :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

So sorry Marlys :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Laurie :hug:

Board footer