Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

image001111.jpg

Watch out for the speed humps.......

(Photo taken in Gloucester, New South Wales)

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Thats amazing  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  YIKES!!!

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

ewwwwwwwwwwww (can we have a scared bear icon please)  bear_grin

Hugs Ali x

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Down right scary bear_cry  :pray:  bear_grin

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

please reasure me that that photo has been photoshopped!

actually I don't have to go to Australia to see strange animals. A wallaby has been loose in our area for the past 2 wks (Ontario, Canada). He got loose from a local zoo when a snow storm brought down a tree and has been sighted about 5 ks from my home. We've been advised that if we see 'Wendall' we should offer him a banana and then grab him by the base of his tail! I do hope he's found safe soon - the deer hunters are liable to mistake him and I can just see a hunter going home trying to explain about the huge 'mouse' he bagged!!

Kathleen Pa

don't think I want to see that in person! bear_shocked

kathleen

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

He is a good size Christine, hubby ran over one the other week he said it was stretched from one end of the road to the other. Just glad I wasn't in the car with him.

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Isn't he a beauty!!!  bear_wub   I didn't see a snake that big in the 5 years I spent in Australia, but we had a big carpet snake in the garage... he was so neat, and he kept the mice population down!   bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a whopper! - I would not like to be walking along that road.

Hugs
Carolyn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow, he's awesome, what a wonderful snake! I don't think I would want him down my way though.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

We had that happen when I was 8 years and traveling around aus with a caravan and my parents. We had to go over it. we were at the top of Qld. I still tell my kids about it today.

Studio44 Studio 44
UK

I'm almost on my way to Oz, looking forward to being with our "Grandies" in Buderim for Christmas. We have seen snakes around but never this big. Hope we don't come across such a "biggie" this time.

bear_rolleyes

Dorothy

puca bears puca bears

WOW - a real monster of a snake! Reminds me - i never used to be particularly scared of snakes until we were driving up a hill (in Oz) and one almost galloped across the road - I never realised they could move SO fast.........
huggies
Maria

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

What kind of snake is it?  I've never been afraid of snakes, but don't think I'd want to run into that one bear_grin !

hugs,

Brenda

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Last weekend I came inside the house and heard things falling to the floor upstairs, went up to investigate, and at the top of the stairs came eyeball to eyeball with a tigersnake!!! Literally eyeball to eyeball as it was slithering along the beam at the time! YIKES! Think it was after swallows eggs and somehow managed to climb up there with the help of some bales of straw we have staccked against the house. Unfortunatelt we had to dispatch it as we just can't have such a dangerous animal THAT close! bear_sad

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

YIKES Linda A tiger snake in the house. We live next to a paddock and on the other side is wetlands. We see the brownsnakes crossing the road to get to the wetsland. I have never seen one in our yard or in our house, I would freck. I just freck at a sight of a mouse.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Linda I would have just died, there would be no way to describe it. I would of had a heart attack right there and fallen backwards down the stairs, likely be dead before I hit the bottom step.  I can't stand any kind of snake what so ever, I literally go into shock I stop breathing.  It doesn't matter the size usually smaller is worse than bigger. 

I have only ever seen two of them in my life in the wild and I freaked out so badly,  a couple of yrs ago I saw a dead snake (garder snake we call them here they are not poisonous and not very big) in the middle of the road in our campground.  I screamed so loud and broke out into a sweat and ran in the opposite direction, I had to get friends to throw it into the woods so I couldn't see it.  ICK ICK ICK.  I have no idea what I would do if we came upon that big snake in the middle of the road.

hugs 

Shane

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

This was only the second snake we've had in the house in all the years we've lived here, but we do encounter them regularly every Summer about the place. Have to be very careful with the dogs, I tend to stick to the bigger tracks thru the bush when walking them in Summer, so that I can see what lies ahead and alter course if there's a snake about. They always make my heart skip, even though I've learned to expect them. Shane you would have really come a cropper on our "stairs" since we still climb a ladder to get upstairs, yet another thing on the long list of "things to do", maybe by the time I'm too old to use the ladder any longer  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

Waterloo, Ontario

Uggghhhh I just can't imagine having a snake in the house  ewwwwwwwww,  I wouldn't be able to sleep  lol

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Well Shane, they're just a fact of life here. But I really don't like them IN the house, off in the bush is OK, and the garden is pushing it. If you make alot of noise they usually get out of your way, they don't like US much either!! They're at their most dangerous in February/March when they're breeding, they get very agressive and do the whole rearing up at you and  hissing bit if cornered!  bear_ermm  bear_ermm

Waterloo, Ontario

bear_grin   Hmmm  ok  so I shouldn't come then after the breeding season or before heehee.  I know they do good things and they are a part of nature but for some reason they give me the willies.  It's like people who don't like rats or mice  hmmmm or Shelli and her hate on for raccoons    :crackup:  :crackup: .   Lizards I can handle I don't want to touch them and I'm leary of them but I can tolerate them. 

big hugs

Shane

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ewwwwww!!  Nah, s'ok, I'll stay here if you get snakes THAT BIG!!!    bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_tongue

puca bears puca bears

OMG, Linda - a tiger snake in the house...............  I never met one during my 8 years on Oz, but i aways heard that they are aggressive, so it's just as well!
Snakes here are a lot smaller, and I have rescued a few from our cats (IN the house, SHANE!).........mostly they go quite calm when I pick them up, but i had an experience earlier this year when i came across a Slowworm (legless lizard) in the street, just outside.............it was the biggest one I've ever seen - probably a couple of feet long - and i couldn't leave it there. Picked him up and took him to the nearest patch of waste-ground - and he FOUGHT all the way! Couldn't believe how strong he was - and I must have looked a sight, wrestling a snake all the way down the road!
huggies
Maria

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I had a heart stopper in the garden at the weekend while digging a veggie patch over, the BIGGEST earthworm I'd ever seen!!! Made me skip a few beats   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin I'd rather like to meet a slowworm, they sound cute  bear_wub . My husband is English and he said this worm reminded him of one.

Board footer