Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

This little guy is ADORABLE............... bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

adorable.gif

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Tami,
     Is it a lemur of some sort?  What a sweetie!

hugs,

Brenda

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Oh wow!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  That is amazing & inspriational... what a wonderful picture!  Thank you for sharing it!!! :hug:

wigglesbears Wigglesbears

OH WOW  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  l wan tone :crackup:  :crackup:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

This is a beautiful picture of a baby marmoset:
Distribution : South America, in the upper Amazon of Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia and Brazil. They live in trees (arboreal) and despite of their size they are very fast runners. Pygmy marmosets are known to mark (with scent glands) and defend their territory from 25 to 100 acres.
They live in social groups : family groups of 2-15 individuals. Only one breeding pair in a group.
Their lifespan : over 16 years Length : The pygmy marmoset is one of the smallest monkey on earth !!! Head + Body : 4.7-5.8 inches (12-15 cm) Tail : 6.6-9 inches (17-23 cm)
They weigh : 3.5-4.5 ounces (100-120g). At birth the young weigh appr 0.5 ounces (15g).

Their hands and feet : Except for the big toes, a marmoset has claws not nails unlike most monkeys.

I hope you found that interesting, Here is another picture for you to see.

babyMarmoset.jpg

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Adorable little ones . . . and, YES, Jane your info is very helpful and interesting.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Such a tiny little thing. I knew if I kept reading Jane would have given us all the info on this little guy. So unbelievably tiny.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Thanks for the wonderful info Jane! I knew I could count on you!!! Your like a built in discovery channel!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Just adoreable  bear_wub  bear_wub  and thanks Jane for the info

Hugs

Raewyn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Tami said

Your like a built in discovery channel!!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  Never been called that before, I laughed so much Tami.
bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Now anyone would think I like primates, wouldn't they!  bear_original

Hugs, Jane.     bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Board footer