Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Penny ,who designed and ran my beautiful website ,is no longer doing it. Anyone know a website designer...need to start from scratch.My site was registered in her name. Technical is NOT my strenght. Appreciate any input. Mikki

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Look no further than Freewebs, now called webs.com. A lot of us use it, you could be up and running in a couple of days and you can import your domain name (for a fee) if you own that or if can get the name transfered to your address. They do have a web name purchase site so if you can't get ownership of your name you can see if .com or another is free bear_thumb

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

I like bravenet.com

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Hi, my brother is a web designer, i've pm'd you details. bear_grin

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I can recommend free webs too...I am still learning and discovery what I can do with it, and I am master of my own website..

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I'm a freewebber too, and if I can sit down and have a website up and running in a matter of hours then ANYONE can!!!!! They make it all sooooo simple, the hardest part was thinking of stuff to write! Updating and adding stuff is a snap, and this coming from the technophobe of the millenium!

Bethel, Ohio

Thank you all...appreciate your input.Mikki (in panic mode)

Sudey Sudey Babes
Northeast Ohio

Here is the website of a wonderful designer and a close friend (here in Ohio, too!) who has many years of design experience.

Let me know if you would like me to mention you to her.
http://shadowbox.i8.com/

Peace and Good Luck with your design!
Sudey

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Mikki,
Oh, I wish you could learn to create your own website?! I use Dreamweaver and update my own website. It's not easy but having the control is worth it. I do have a guy who does the simple stuff that saves me time. I've found what you have discovered - If you depend on someone else you can lose your website very easily as people move on in their career. You don't have to do the whole site, maybe sit with someone who can lead you through the process? I think more and more the internet will be important for artists and it would help us if we can learn how to control our internet destinys  bear_flower
Karen

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Mikki,

I was like you, had got Penny to design my website and then when she was no longer doing that work - I was in the same predicament.

I have a web-site from Victoria Graphics - they set it up and I use Pappashop to host the site, I can add new bears and do updates.

Take a look at my web-site ~  www.draffinbears.com.
I am still working on it ~ have to add links and a few more things to it.

Best of luck with getting your website up and operating again. It is so good to be able to do it yourself.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Hi Mikki,
It seems you're experiencing what I have discovered over the past 6 months- there are alot of sites that have either a) disappeared or b)haven't been upgraded in ages......
What concerned me most was that nothing seemed to be happening, they have all just been forgotten about.
Anyway long story short, as it helps us all if everyone has a beautiful individual site - the Teddy Bear Society will be offering websites from glorified business card through to complete shopping cart/content management, with as much or little of the upkeep up to the individual and your own domain.
There are so many solutions out there these days, but making sure that you have something fresh that stays current with technology and that represents you as an artist is what makes a website worthwhile.
Then if you have the control you need/want + all of the rego info, all the better!
Feel free to email, I can send you more info
Cheers
Mel

Bethel, Ohio
Sudey wrote:

Here is the website of a wonderful designer and a close friend (here in Ohio, too!) who has many years of design experience.

Let me know if you would like me to mention you to her.
http://shadowbox.i8.com/

Peace and Good Luck with your design!
Sudey

Sudley,Thank you so mucH..........Mikki

Bethel, Ohio

Thank you all for taking the time to help...going to compile all the information ,calm down and come up with a plan....Thank you,again, Mikki

Board footer