Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Hi all!
I'd like to get that shadow effect, under and between an embroidered mouth.  Not an open mouth, just a shadow of a mouth.  Like Melanie Jayne's.  Is it done with shading, like with an airbrush, or with embroidery thread?
I've looked through the library but haven't found anything.   
Maybe it's too obvious a question.  Or I should say, the answer is too obvious.    bear_tongue
Still, I'd love to know.
Thanks!!!  bear_grin

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

hello bear_original It looks like she may have used a felt marker like prismacolor which is waterproof. That's what I use or I do the shading with a diluted paint. when using the marker right after I put it on I rub it with my finger for a more shaded effect or they come in a colorless blender, just make sure to heat set it with a blow dryer on a hot setting for a minute after, hope that helps bear_original

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Thank you so much, Brenda!  That shading gives the mouth such a cute and more finished look.  I'll try your suggestions.  I have prismacolor markers and  blender, and a blow dryer.  I'll go experiment on some scrap fur.
Thanks again, you're a dear!
:hug:

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

you are very welcome! it should work well and you probably don't even have to blend it much bear_original

Board footer