Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

firstbear-001.jpgHi there,

I just wanted to share the very first bear that I created.  He is number 1.  I've never posted him on here before but for some reason this poor baby was asking for attention today.   haha  I created him back in January 2008. 

I would love to see photos of everyone's first, if they still have it....   :)

:hug:

~Robert~

Stitch SanguineCreations
Wales

The  bear in my avatar is my first and only bear.
I've made some patterns, but not had time to make another bear...but it's been on my mind a lot this past month. Tomorrow, I will design a new pattern and have another go. bear_original

Your little one is cute.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, here is my first.................I started out doing leather noses, then got hooked on needle-felting bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

barlow1st.jpg

Goldelocs Bears Goldelocs Bears
Brisbane

Timothy_First_04-03-08small.jpgThis is my first bear that I made March 08

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

WILBUR-adopted.jpgsilver.jpgGeez, I don't think I have digital pics of my first one, these are the closest I could get. My first bear design was rather large, double neck joint, no needle felting, he is probably a 2003 model bear_whistle
Wilbur is my first needle felted design, about a 2004 model bear_ermm
Awesome post, can't wait to see more early works bear_thumb

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Wow, I can't believe this is some of yals earlier works.  They are pretty great.  I think Wilbur is a cutie ;)

~Robert

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I've been waiting for a post like this, I unearthed a very early bear on a clean out a while back, I'll take his pic tomorrow and post it. You'll all get a giggle I'm sure. He'd be about 25 years old!

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

As promised I nipped outside this morning and snapped this pic of an early bear, definitely not my first, though. That was made 40 years ago when I was a child and given to a friend's baby.
This bear is around 25 or 26 years old, he has four joints, which I made by cutting discs off a broom handle and drilling a hole in the middle. He sports a felt nose and also felt eyes with embroidered highlights. back then we didn't have anyone selling bearmaking supplies and I had to make do with what I could get. Hope he gives you a giggle!IMG_2657.JPG
I think you will have to agree I have come a long way in 25 years!  bear_original  bear_original

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

My first bear was about 2 years ago or so & made from some leopard print fur (it's all I had) it was also my first attempt at designing a pattern
teddybear2.jpg

wigglesbears Wigglesbears

This is my first bear, his name is Benjamen, made about 5 years ago now,wow doesnt time fly! he's looking a bit worse for wear and in need of some repair to his jacket. He did wear a pair of glasses but they got lost when l moved house. l got a kit from a cross stiching/needlecraft show l went too and fell in love with him so l had to bring the kit home to have ago didnt l!
2088215140082394071BCdmwH_fs.jpg

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

You came along way in only one year Robert.  bear_thumb

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Thank you guys very much for sharing.  I can't wait to see more! bear_happy 

Linda, that is pretty clever using pieces of a broom stick for discs!  I also didnt even know that people were needle felting on bears 25 years ago!  That's really cool!

Benjamen looks like a sweet bear too!  I bet that he is happy that you gave him a lot of love.  bear_original

Hi Matilda,
Thank you. I think I've come quite a ways in a year too.  I seem to be always a late bloomer to things so I feel I have to work that much harder.  The best experience for me was displaying my bears in a bear show.  This is because I could see people's reactions when they looked at my bears.  I think most people were frightened by my bear's eyes.  lol   

~Robert

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Ummmm Robert, sorry to shatter your high regard for me........ that nose is a little circle of felt, appliqued into position with a little stuffing behind! :crackup:  :crackup: And the eyes were a circle of black, appliqued onto a circle of brown, with an embroidered highlight. It was all that was available to me at the time, and you'd have to say those eyes are totally child safe. They'd pass right through and no-one would notice a thing!  bear_grin  bear_grin

teeeej Brisbane

ryan.JPGPanda1.JPGMy first attempt was a panda - he has no joints and is made from synthetic fur. My mum bought him for me for Christmas a couple of years ago.

For my first fully jointed bear I signed up for a beginners bear course at Gerry's Teddies. I choose to make Ryan. Best thing I ever did - got me completly hooked on bear making.

Board footer