Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Zed Bear Newcastle NSW

I'm sure this question' been asked before, but for expediency's sake, I thought it would be best to ask again. I have just started making mini bears (did my first two last weekend) and whilst I was very happy with the way they turned out, I thought the filling was a bit tricky. I am currently using a good quality wool filling from Gerry's, which I thought worked better than the poly fill, but I still found it quite difficult to get an even filling. What's the general consensus on the best fill for minis?

Maybe it's my technique and not the filling??? Is there a special way of stuffing mini bears? I used really small bits, hoping to get a more even finish, but because the wool is quite 'stringy' ie has lots of long fibres, I found I had to make it into a small wad in order to get it in the small areas without having fibres escaping everywhere, which made it quite lumby.

Goldelocs Bears Goldelocs Bears
Brisbane

Hi,
I have recently started using Gerry's Premium Polyester Stuffing http://www.gerrys.com.au/product.php?pr … 1&featured on my 5, 7 and 12 inch bears and have been really happy with the results, it's not springy like normal polyester.

Board footer