Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Another disarster, this time across the other side of the world..
Hope our TT friends are okay... :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wasn't that awful news Denise, I saw it this evening bear_sad

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We are reminded so often about the fragility of our lives.  High profile disasters that destroy so much in such  short periods of time are devastating . . . and I, for one, feel totally inadequate in how to respond to such tragedy.
Strength and courage to all emergency responders and those everywhere who face loss.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Somehow I have missed something.  I turned on the news this morning and saw nothing about this...still nothing.  Maybe it was a small plane?  Was this in the United States?
Joanne

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Joanne,
     A commuter plane traveling from Newark, NJ to Buffalo crashed into a residential area just outside of Buffalo .  I think the death total is 49 with one person in a house being killed.  There were no survivors - what a tragedy for all the families involved and how frightening for the community where it came down. 

hugs,

Brenda

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

It was a terrible accident. The pilot didn't express any concerns according to the controller.

It was noted a little later in the morning shows that one of the passengers was a 9/11 widow and she was going to Buffalo to honor her husband on what would have been his birthday...I think they said 59th birthday. By the looks of the news video it's amazing that more people were not killed on the ground.

Life is so fragile.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Marlys,
     I hadn't heard that about the 9/11 widow - that is so sad!  You are absolutely right - life is incredibly fragile.

hugs,

Brenda

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

My friend Clay died in the crash.  He was on the plane. His kids are devastated.  :pray:

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

bear_cry It must be awful for the loved ones. It is a very tragic accident. This happened only about 40 minutes away from me.
Life is fragile...it's a reminder again to live each day to the fullest, love those around you with a deep tenderness and realize this life is short. Make the most out of every day. Live like every day counts...because it does!
:pray: I pray for peace over the families and loved ones that lost someone in this tragedy. May God bring comfort to them. :hug:

Kathleen Pa

Hi all, well I live in Buffalo about 15 minutes from the crash site, its been a very rough day here but it is amazingt to see how everyone pulls together in the midst of crisis.  We all have been glued to our TVs  and radios all day as they update us the info.

Kathleen

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

So sad, sorry to hear of friends that were on this plane..thankful that others are safe.. bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

another disaster..........it's just SO sad. And a very near miss in London this week too...........what a dismal week.
My sympathies to anyone involved in this tragedy.........
huggies
Maria

Board footer