Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Parts of the UK have had snow, and my daughter was told to take wellies, hat, gloves etc into school today if it snowed. Well, she was so excited and woke early this morning to look out of the windows....but there was no snow! We had tears! Awww....

But for me it was a relief (nothing worse than trudging to school with bags of stuff and an excited five-year-old in tow  :D). And I've just heard on the news that there's major incident in Cornwall/Devon where vehicles are trapped by the bad weather. I hope everyone here on the group is ok, and really hope that the situation gets better very soon.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Helena,
Here in New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachussets, parts of NY and Maine... perhaps other northeastern states too, got snow yesterday... on Thanksgiving. We got 6 inches here in the north... so pretty... all stuck to the trees like a winter wonderland. It did, however, present travel problems. We were missing a couple of family members who couldn't make it to dinner due to poor driving conditions.

I do hope everyone over there is ok!!!
Warm hugs,
Daphne

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

We got about 10cm of blowing snow yesterday...the first of the year; which meant that the drivers had to be retrained! I don't expect it to last since they are calling for rain in the next few days. I'm hoping for a green Christmas!
:pray:
Marion

Dilu Posts: 8,574

no snow Helena, yet, but it is sleeting ugh! 

good reason not to go anywhere~!

Daphne, hoping your family members stayed home and that you aren't really missing them as in don't know where they are.....

You all were supposed get really slammed according to MTV for Geriatrics......the weather channel

dilu

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Oooh, 6 inches of snow sounds like a lot, Daphne. I can imagine how lovely that must have been on Thanksgiving Day! A covering of snow makes this time of year seem magical doesn't it! But I'm kind of with you Marion....I don't like going out in the snow, having to get somewhere, travelling and all that. We've had a lot of dense fog recently which was an interesting driving experience (so many drivers forget to put their lights on!!!).

Anyway it looks like we've escaped the snow in this part of the UK, for now anyway. But forecasters are predicting a cold, cold winter. Brr.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Dilu - I'll have to remember that one! MTV for geriatrics!!!!  bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

:lol:Not yet...no snow..

It's too warm for November.  :dance: bear_grin :P
+10 C  bear_grin bear_grin

Julia

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

No snow here yet on the South Coast but it's vvvvverrrry ccccold.  The snow usually misses us anyway. :(

My fingers will hardly type because they are so cold and I've been wearing my coat and scarf indoors, even with the heating on. My family laugh at me as they don't believe how cold I am. I feel like I should have a carrot nose and twig arms bear_cry and maybe they'll give me some sympathy then.

brrrrrrrrrrrrr

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Kate, what is your winter like? Minus what ..? We've got the lowest -30 C with terrible strong wind.  bear_shocked

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

We had a terrific day for Thanksgiving here, No snow, a Beautiful 60 degrees with sunshine.
bear_grin bear_grin
Though the mornings and night are incredibly cold. Tuesday I went out to feed the horses and forgot to put on my gloves, it was 8 F. Talk about cold fingers!!!!OUch.  :P
We are supposed to get snow maybe Saturday, YEAH!!!! My daughter was complaining last night, where the heck is the snow, it is not supposed to get that cold without the snow. We were feeding horses in the dark and the beautiful sunny day had turned to 15 degrees.  :rolleyes:
Hoping all of you had a blessed Thanksgiving here in the US. We have so much to be Thankful for always.
Kathy

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Yes, 15 cm just this night and today  bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry Too cold for me. When becaume the winter, i'm in hibernation bear_sad

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

We need a teddy emoticon with earmuffs!  bear_grin  No snow here, just bright sunny skies, but it is getting slowly colder.  This morning its 25*, nothing compared with 15*, but a lot colder than the 60* weather we were having just a few days ago.

nettie scotland
Website

It is snowing here although t feels to cold for snow.My face was frozen off walking the dogs on the beach this morning.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Here, it's cold and me had a very little snow falling, but it was slush... So no white mantle on the ground yet.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Pipa UK

HELENA !! dont mention the Snow word hehehe,
i saw Cornwall got 8 inches and are expecting more. eeek. parts of scotland lost thier power aswell :(

I would love snow but i hate it too because the kids around here pelt our windows with snowballs every single day we have snow. mot annoying !

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I am deeply sorry for everyone's cold weather!!  I'm definitely NOT a cold climate person . . . warm, warm, warm for me!!!  We've been having temperatures in the 70s F and it got up to the low 80s at times during this month, but for Thanksgiving we had a cold front . . . it only made it to 67 F yesterday.  Nice day today, but we're supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow and that's okay - we need the moisture very badly.  The temps will still be in the 70s, so rain will be good.  We haven't had any freezing weather yet (yea!), so my flowers are still blooming very nicely and the fall leaves are starting to cover the ground and blow around . . . lovely!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

A beautiful 6-8 inch blanket of snow here in Northern Ohio!  I'm always slow to warm up to the idea of snow.... but once it actually hits, it is gorgeous!  We had an Alberta Clipper come through Wednesday... that dropped a few inches of the stuff... plus in NE Ohio, we are one of like three areas in the world that gets "lake effect" snow.  The cold air from up North goes over Lake Erie (which is still kinda warm) and picks up a ton of moisture.  Then it hits land and just dumps all the snow down.  We are only in the secondary snow belt here in Hudson... where I grew up in Painsville, Ohio... you can get 24 inches of snow in the blink of an eye!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Wow !!!great pixs i want snow  never snows hear to warm you guys are so lucky .

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

It just seems that however early we have snow forecast in this Country, we are still not ready for it! Gina, I think you are very wise not to venture out....for some reason we don't seem to have that attitude in the UK. And it leads to all kinds of problems (accidents, cars being stuck etc etc).

I visited Texas a loooong time ago and remember it raining....and everyone stayed at home! It was so quiet on the roads! (Why would that be?!) Anyway, I thought at the time they have a more cautious approach to the weather than we do.

Gosh Kim, I just can't imagine 24 inches of snow. A friend of mine in Wisconsin sent me a photo of her house once....well, actually it was more like a snow drift! You could just about make out the shape of the property. With an ice tunnel leading to the door. Brrrrr!

Oh well, I think we in the UK need to get used to it, because the winter is only just beginning!  bear_tongue bear_grin

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

MTV for Geriatrics

Dilu !! bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

Not much snow here in the 'great white tundra'....but we had 7 degrees this morning.  Winters are long and cold in Wisconsin.  I can only imagine what it must be like for those of you who live even farther north in Canada....get out those snow shoes!!!! and start up that moose!

Daphne. and those of you who live in the North Eastern US get quite a lot of snow don't you?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Up in the panhandle of Texas (the northern-most part), they have way different winters from what we do in the Dallas area . . . it's much colder up there.  We do have the occasional snow flurry or ice on the roads, but not that often.  If there is such as that in the forecast, everybody clogs the grocery stores for food, the schools close, and everybody is told to stay home!!  Crazy . . . it's like we were going to get snowed/iced in for weeks!  Natives down here don't know how to drive in inclement weather!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kim - We had that same Alberta Clipper come through here yesterday.

Dilu - My cousins weren't lost but could only drive about half way here (it's a 2 1/2 hr, drive) before the roads were so bad they had to turn around and go home.

Judi - We get tons of snow here in northern New England. 3-4 feet on the ground all winter. I live in ski country so the more snow the better! It takes forever for spring to come up here though!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Give me some of that stuff .

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

No snow for me yet. I do love when it snows, so I'm ready for it!

I don't have to work outside the home so the traveling part isn't so bad for me. My fiancee however has quite a long drive to work, which means I have a lot of free time at home to worry about him.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I'm happy to say we haven't had any snow here et either in Eastern Canada.  it has been unusually mild for this time of year, no winter coats needed quite yet-very odd.

We all know the snow will be coming soon  :wacko:.  We tend to get snow followed by rain which makes a nice slushy, icy mess.  Can't say I like winter much, but the first snowfall of the season is always so pretty.

Board footer