Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

mermaid2.jpgmermaid1.jpgHi all,
Some weeks ago I was looking for help with ideas for a mermaid - well here is the finished product to see what you all think of her - her name is Madison and I am so hoping the lady who ordered her will think she is okay - hard work though  bear_grin
I would be pleased to her what you think truthfully please :redface:
:hug:
Anne

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That mermaid is AWESOME, and sea-themed bears are so close to my heart; I made one early one which is still a favorite, of both mine and my collectors.

Superb work!

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Thank you so much Shelli - I am delighted that you think she is okay :hug:
Anne

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

She's lovely!!! You dress your bears soooo nicely and this one is no exception....she looks fantastic in her sea-shell with the coral and other things around her. Your buyer will be thrilled, I'm sure!

How did you do the legs in the end? Is her tail attached?

I hope your Christmas preparations are going well, Anne. We're busy, busy, busy here!

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Helena,
I gave up on the idea of legs and tail ( with tail attached) and took th easy way out with just tail - which I wired so she can pose a little  bear_original  But I am delighted that you like her - thanks a lot  :hug:
I honestly was going to email you this week but have been so busy with preparations and bears to complete!!
I like you have been busy with Christmas things - isn't it fun to shop for toys and little girly clothes!!
Anyway am going to check out some other bears in for sale here then go and write an ebay page ( A little panda has been screaming at me for a new home - he should be on later tonite!!
Hope all are well with you  bear_original
Anne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great creation, Anne . . . the mermaid turned out very well!!  Love her accessories, too - you did a great job!  :clap:   :clap:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Way cute...she's darling!!!  Your customer will love her!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wow Anne.....great detail.  You little girl is a treasure.....as is evidenced by her clam shell and beads.....I am quite impressed....her tail and fins reminds me of some of the fish we have around here swimming upstream......irridescent and pearlescent.

Honestly Anne, I would be thrilled with her, so of course I just assume everyone else would too.....but I think she is rather unique and quite lovely.

And she does look pleased with herself too.....

Congratulations

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

She is really neat! She turned out really good, I am sure you are pleased...  another little panda on ebay... ... I want a panda of yours too... Like the one you did a while back with the teal color ....

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Kim, Dilu, SueAnn, Shantell
Well thankyou so much ladies - I am hoping now after your lovely positive comments that little Madison will just fit the bill
Anne

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Anne!  This is so neat!  I remember your original posting regarding this little merbear, and I was hoping that you'd eventually show us how she turned out!  She's simply Lovely!
Really, she looks great, and the little scene is fabulous!   bear_thumb

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

She has turned out really well ...I am sure she will be loved

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

really cute Anne!  well done you.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Thank you so much Melissa and Patsy and Kim for your very kind words
:hug: Anne

You have to tell us what your buyer says....she will e nuts if she isn't tickeled pink!

dilu

Hudson, Ohio

Yes Anne, if the collector is not a lovely shade of bight pink... I think all the TT mini makers should go over there and tickle her 'till she is!  Seriously though Anne, i can't imagine that she wouldn't love her!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Anne, she turned out wonderful!!! She is absolutely adorable, I love the look on her face, she looks like she knows that she is special, and your clamshell and accessories are perfect. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Just okay???  NO....she's beautiful!!!!!  You've done a wonderful job with her, and I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be tickled  :redface:  to have her.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Soo cute, and soo much work. Great job!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Anne that sweet little mermaid teddy is absolutely wonderful! You are so very creative! Way to go Anne!

Many Hugs Louise

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Terri, Kim, Dilu, Heather, DebbieD, Lousie,
You are all great for a girls( bear_grin  bear_grin ) I use the word advisedly !! ego!!
I have sent pictures to customer and she says she likes - Madison is now in the post and I will let you know the exact comments when she arrives at her destination
Thanks again
Anne

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Just thought I would let you know the lady who ordered the mermaid - Madison has received the package and has written to me to say she is thoroughly delighted with her and she is sure the little boy will be over the moon. She was even kind enought to say that she was even better than her pictures so !!! bear_original  bear_whistle  bear_original  bear_whistle
I am ever so happy - thak you once again all of you for your wonderful comments on her
:hug:  :hug:
Anne

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

YAY! We all knew she would love her!!!  :hug:

Hudson, Ohio

Great job Anne... I KNEW she'd be delighted as well! 
Just an aside, regarding photography.... I am still continually trying to improve my photography skills, OH!  It's the absolute hardest part for me.   For me, at least, the most difficult thing is just sloooowing down long enough to take really great pics!  Seems I just really want to move on to start another bear rather than take the necessary time to play around with the photos!  I also always hear that my bears are so much more appealing in real life than in photos.  Now, don't anyone get me wrong here... because I KNOW that good photography skills are absolutely essential, BUT.... if there is one good thing that can be said
for not so stellar photos.... it's that if they are quite taken by a bear in less than perfect photo.... they are probably going to REALLY love him or her when they see the bear through real eyes, rather than a camera lens!  I guess I'd rather have it that way than the reverse.... you know what I mean?

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

ANNE

I know you are relieved, (that your customer loves her,) but I hope you also recognize in your emotions, a realization that YOU CAN do it!  You CAN make absolutely wonderfully delightfully whimsical creations.  And only a real nitwit would not recognize artistry in your little ones.

Board footer