Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

wordsworthfront.jpgwordsworthright-side.jpgI would just like to present Wordsworth, my first 'Bear Bellies' bear. Wordsworth is made of sparse mohair, is fully cotterpin jointed with ultrasuede paw pads and stands approx. 35cm high. Wordsworth was inspired from a favourite poem of mine 'The Daffodils', by William Wordsworth. He has a handpainted canvas belly and footpads based on an original design of mine.
Hope you like him bear_original
I have been busy working on my 'Bear Bellies' and have a selection of paintings ready to be made into bears very soon....

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi Carol,

Your bear inspired me to look up the poem. It's a lovely piece of writing -- so simple, and so beautiful. Your bear captures the joy that the poet felt, I think, when seeing those daffodils:)

In more mundane matters, it can't be easy to stitch painted canvas, can it? And is it treated in some way to keep the paint from cracking and flaking off?

Becky

Bath, UK
Website

Thanks Becky...I treated the canvas before I painted on it in the same way I do for all my other paintings, it has a primed layer which is treated several times and then the paint applied ontop. When finished the painting also has many layers of varnish to protect it and give it a lovely deep sheen. The paint wont flake and is surprisingly flexible, it will last as long as any other painting. I have used Daler Rowney acrylic paints which give a lovely rich colour. As to stitching I stitch all my bears by hand so I just use a very small sharp needle and have no problems at all. Thanks for looking bear_original

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

awwwwww his little face is just the sweetest ever, adore this guy Hugs Lynne xxx  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks for the information, Carol.

I had wondered about that, but now that you say it -- I've handled unframed painted canvases, and they are quite flexible, and sometimes surprisingly heavy!

You do beautiful work:)

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Joanne

Bath, UK
Website

Thank you all for your kinds words. When I have completed my other bears I will post them up. I am currently working on a Jane Austen Bear which is lots of fun.
bear_original

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Wordsworth is lovely Carol  bear_wub and so special to include your paintings too ....great work!  bear_thumb

Board footer