Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

tt1.jpgI haven't been around much, I've had a few weeks of being sick and have to go for mono testing.  Yuck - hope it's not that,  but on the up side, we have had official confirmation that hubby is going to carry the Olympic Torch in December in Camp Borden.  He has received his outfit and the best thing is it's during the Xmas holidays, so our son and grandson can come, as school will be out!  YAY.  I've put pics of the outfit and the cool accessories they sent on my blog:  www.duffyantiques.blogspot.com  We also get to keep the torch, which is a great souvenier.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Very cool, hope he has fun!

Nurse Ratchet Forever Loved
Toronto

Hi Brenda

That is fantastic, what a wonderful memory for you and your family. I submitted my name but alas was not asked. Cherish every moment of this amazing honour.

Hugs from Toronto]
Dianne

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Congratulations Brenda to you and your husband!!!

puca bears puca bears

WoW - what a tremendous and unforgettable honour :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Big congrats
huggies
Maria

Thanks everyone! 
Diane, that's the funny part - we didn't submit Neil's name.  Loblaws has done business with Coca Cola for eons, and Neil has met most of the big shots many times over the years.  They were at a meeting in the fall and they had all of the Oympic stuff on display.  Neil actually made a joke to Coke management that he had given them so much business, that he should carry the torch.  Next thing we knew, Coke had submitted his name and he was picked, I think for Neil, the fact Coke thought enought of him to submit his name, was as much of an honour as carrying the torch!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My goodness . . . that's terrific, Brenda!!  Congratulations to you both!

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

WOOO HOOOO!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Cheryl

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Fantastic what a great opportunity to be part of the Olympics your family must be very excited  :clap:  :clap:   bear_thumb  How proud you will be  I'd probably stand there and cry watching him if it were mine I'm so happy for you.

Raewyn

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

WOW What wonderful news.  Im excited for you!!!  Takes lots of pics so we can see toooooooooooooooo. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Brenda, that's awesome!! What a great honor to be able to carry the torch.

Hugs,

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Major coolness!   bear_cool

The letters on the running pants...  are they reflective?  Or is it just the camera?
It looks neat.  It'll probably show up on camera really well.

bear_cool

Thanks everyone, it will definitely be an exciting day and we will take lots of pictures. 
Randy, the letters on the pants and sleeve of the jacket are reflective.  They barely show up when you look at the suit in daylight - they just popped out, when I took a flash picture to post.  It does look neat.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Wow Brenda!  What an incredible honor - both the carry the torch and also that Coke took your hubby seriously even though he was joking!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Congratulations to your husband and you Brenda !  bear_thumb
When the time comes (it will be here sooner than you think), please show us some pictures of him  :photo: .

I guess there will be a sort of policy against carrying a teddy bear with him and letting the teddy holding the torch ??  bear_grin

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter

sylvia bjb blue jean bears
Website

Wow, Brenda, this is wonderful news!! What an amazing honor. Congratulations!!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Us Bears Pennsylvania
peterbear wrote:

I guess there will be a sort of policy against carrying a teddy bear with him and letting the teddy holding the torch ??  bear_grin
Peter

Not so fast!  bear_happy

Steiff makes keyring sized Bears that will fit into a pocket or purse.  Melanie has one in her purse at all times just for good luck.  His name is "Carry."  Get it?  Carry the Bear?  bear_grin

Here is an example:  http://www.giftshop1234.com/steiff-fynn … 11600.html

If the uniform has a pocket or a place where a small Bear could ride along, he could hide in there and nobody would be the wiser!   bear_tongue

You don't necessarily have to carry a Steiff.  There are a couple of other good ideas:

First, you could carry a uniquely Canadian Bear.
We have a small, 4" Bear who wears a Canadian Mountie hat.  Okay...  That's a cliché but a Mountie Bear would be a uniquely Canaidan symbol that virtually nobody could argue with.
(Besides!  He would be your security Bear!  bear_happy )

How about a Coca Cola Bear?  Coke makes several small Bears.  There are three of them sitting on a shelf just a few feet from me, writing this message.
How could anybody complain about carrying a Coca Cola Bear in a Coca Cola sponsored event?

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/kmarket/ … ATURE___4_

If the Bear just stayed in his pocket, maybe only peeking his nose out once in a while, nobody would ever be the wiser!  bear_laugh

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  :dance: WOW, how exciting is that.  What a great honor for you and your family and the wonderful memories that will be had.  Coke really must think alot of him to submit his name.  I will be waiting for some pics after it is said and done.
Enjoy the moments!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

That is so exciting Brenda !  I didn't know the carriers got to keep the torch, what a great keepsake !   I agree, that it is an honor to have been nominated by Coke and then chosen.  I'm sure Corson won't soon forget watching his grampa carrying that torch.    It passed through here one street over from me a couple of weeks ago , but I missed it.  I did manage to get one of those little flags though bear_original

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

How wonderful! And it makes it doubly wonderful that Coke submitted his name! Congratulations!  bear_original
Beth

Aww, thanks everyone - we are excited, for sure!  As for carrying a bear - not going to happen.  Hubby is not interested in teddies, other than they make us some money  bear_shocked   He will be concentrating on carrying the torch, with his bad knee, so I can honestly say, it was a lovely idea, but not feasible.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

The coolest thing ever!  Congrats to your hubby!!!

Awww, thanks, Lisa!

hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh big Congratulations to your Husband, Brenda. What an exciting time it will be and I look forward to seeing the photos.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer