Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

When I decided to sell my bears I thought long and hard about the name I was to use.  In the end I came upon the idea of taking part of my name and my husband's name to become 'Sarian', (Sarah & Ian).  I wanted to involve him in some way as he has been my biggest fan and has never complained when the bears have had moments of taking over my life!  bear_wub  Anyway, since the beginning of Sarian Miniature Bears I've never come across anyone or anything by that name until today...

A lady has started a part time job where I work and her first name happens to be Sarian.  I have to admit that I was mighty surprised and felt compelled to ask her where the name came from.  She told me that she has looked into it in the past as she wanted to know the history and as far as she is aware, it is an ancient Welsh name.  When I told her the reason I was asking was because that's the name I use for my bears and the website, her expression turned to one of wide-eyed delight and she exclaimed "... so you're the lady who makes those lovely, tiny bears...?"  I couldn't believe it!  bear_original  She told me that she kept coming across my website when she was researching her name.  She was also amused to hear that it was a name I thought I'd just made up...

So, what a small world it is and so full of coincidences.  Who would have thought that with all the moving around Ian and I have done since I started on my bear making path, it would be in a town in Wales where I would meet someone with the same name as my bears.

I also learnt from Sarian today that there is also a type of strawberry called Sarian, which she grows in her garden, obviously feeling compelled to do so because of the rare name.  I'm happy to say that I will be sampling some in the summer  bear_original  bear_original

I just wanted to share this novel little tale with you all...

Hugs,

Sarah  :hug:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Lol, well it's a small world after all - 6 degrees of separation and all that!  Enjoy the strawberries, sounds like the perfect friend to have found!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Isn't that amazing!!!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Whew! A happy ending! In this contentious world - - I was holding my breath as I began to read your post, thinking that it was going to take an ugly turn... that she was going to ask you to please stop using 'her' name in a commercial manner.

I'm so happy to hear that she's pleased to hear that she likes the association with our wonderful world of bears! Perhaps you can 'dedicate' one design to her as a namesake and bond her more closely, assuring that she'll continue to stay in the Sarian Camp!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is a really surprising turn of events, but a very nice story!  Maybe she will become a customer.

puca bears puca bears

Small world indeed - and what a lovely story!!!!!!!!!! thanks so much for sharing it with us....
huggies
Maria

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Thank you for sharing your great story. bear_original

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

How very strange, small world isn't it

Pauline

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

Thank you every one for your lovely comments.  It is a small world and coincidences are such strange happenings...  I am thinking about a bear for her when I get the chance, but I want to find out a bit more about her first without making it obvious.   bear_original  bear_happy

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

What a wonderful story!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Sarah, bear_flower

I loved hearing about the story of how your name came about.
It is a small world who we meet and come in contact with.
Enjoy the strawberries in Summer.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:

Board footer