Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Does anyone know if they've been announced or when they might be?  My curiosity is getting the better of me!   bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Aleta, I haven't heard anything but I find it funny though that there was such a huge rush by the magazine to get the entries in within 10 days of them coming up with the closing date. My understanding is they didn't even have the judges picked for the competition when the deadline was announced. They were not sure when they would get around to doing the judging. Was a bit of a disappoint that they dragged their heels for so long to come up with a deadline then only gave 10 days notice and now three months later here we all sit still waiting to hear about the nominee's.

hugs

Shane

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hmmmm, I think I heard that they were delaying notifying and announcing the nominees until just before the August edition comes out.  The issues usually come out  several weeks before the actual date, so maybe the end of May or beginning of June - I'm guessing here. 

hugs,

Brenda

puca bears puca bears

And when  you notice in amongst all the comp rules and regs that it actually said the nominees would be notified in FEBRUARY!?! Hhhhhhhhho hum................
huggies
Maria

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I'm sure I read on their website somewhere that the nominees would be announced in the mag on sale June ... but have just checked the site and can no longer find the relevant info.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Paula, that's pretty much what I read, only it did say they would notify nominees by email, just before they released the August edition, around the first of June.  No matter, they have been really awful in notifying the public about the changes.  It should have been front and centre on their website?

hugs,

Brenda

Portland, Oregon
Website

And here I was thinking I had gone bonkers.  I read what Maria read....that the nominees would be announced in February.  February went by and March and now April is almost gone and I was wondering if there was a "shush order" given to the nominees. 

Thank you all for your input.  I'm not bonkers.....yet!!  bear_happy 

Aleta

Kent
Website

If you're bonkers then so am I Aleta, I was certain I'd seen February as the date for notification to the nominees, then when that passed I eventually checked TBR website and it said June ... now I can't find that info there either! bear_wacko

BearMeToo BearMeToo
Sweden
Website

I read some where too that they were going to announce the nominees in February .......But from the information I check now it says the 2nd of June !!!!!

Hugs
Ann-Marie

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Well they would have announced them in February but the deadline wasn't until the middle of Feb if I remember correctly. They had so many problems this yr, Brenda you are so right they have not been very good with keeping anyone up to date on what was going on. I only know they didn't even have the judges picked out as of March and this came from their office from someone who was talking with them. I guess they figure they have lots of time since they won't be giving the awards out until Oct.  But some people might actually consider going and doing EXPO if they were nominated, not good business practice on their part to make people wait so long after they forced people to rush to get their pieces in.

hugs

Shane

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Shane,
I had planned on going to the EXPO and then I got the TOBY nomination. I was still hoping to attend Chantilly (TOBY) and the EXPO but they were so slow with information and no one seemed to know what was going on with the Golden's, finally I decided to do just Chantilly. I feel badly, I had always attended the EXPO in the past but both these shows are after TBAI and already my schedule was really stretched. I'm traveling from almost as far away as you can get; Seattle, WA. Travel is expensive and time consuming and I want to feel confident that a show sponsor is putting their "all" into a show and I will do the same for the show.
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

I am attending EXPO and have had no trouble getting information.  In fact, replies from the coordinator have been timely.  As for the GTA's I think there was some re-structuring going on during that process this year.  Hopefully, things will settle and be smoother next year.  Meanwhile, we can all anxiously await the nomination announcement. 

Hugs,
Alison

TBReditor Teddy Bear Review
Iola, WI

Hi Everyone!

I'm so sorry for the delay everyone!  :redface:

Alison, you were correct that we had to do a lot of restructuring at the beginning of the process--unfortunately, this meant we had to adjust the original schedule of announcing the nominees in February.

I can confirm that the nominees will be presented in the August issue (which mails on June 2), and they will be notified via e-mail prior to the mailing of the magazine. Also, once the issue has mailed, we will post the nominees on our website, here on Teddy Talk, and on our Facebook page!

Now that we have a better handle on things and the database/websites are built, next year should go much more smoothly! This was my first year of being fully immersed into the Golden Teddy Awards, and I am thrilled that so many of you are eagerly anticipating the nominee announcements!  bear_grin

Bear hugs!

Jessica Nagel Franchuk
Editor, Teddy Bear Review
www.teddybearreview.com

Kent
Website

Thanks for the update Jessica!  Now we can all bite our fingernails anxiously until early June!  bear_tongue   bear_grin

Portland, Oregon
Website

Yes, thank you Jessica, for the update.  I will stand along with Paula waiting anxiously.  bear_flower

Aleta

Board footer