Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi all.  I'm trying to catch up on posts since I've been out of town at Disneyland for my anniversary since about 2 a.m. on Thursday, and with NO computer access (talk about withdrawal symptoms; criminies, I've got it bad.) 

One observation:  MAN, but you chicks talk a lot!!!  Laughing here ...  :D

As I have figured out it will be nearly impossible to respond to each thread/post individually, here are a few thoughts I wanted to send out en masse:

---  Quy, your comment about reducing .jpg sizes to actual dimensions rather than scaling down, for speed of website loading, was actually news to me.  Thanks for that!  I've been bugged by the same slow loading problem and I think your comment will provide me the solution. 

---  Welcome to all our wonderful new board participants!  I recognize some of you from the board-whose-name-shall-not-be-mentioned, and others from eBay.  It's great here, with a lot of friendly people, full of talent and warmth and grace.  I learn something new every day.  I'll look forward to your questions and comments!

--- More later, as it's time to relax and unwind after a long day of travel with hubby.

Talk soon,

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Welcome Home Shelli,

We've missed you!  Happy anniversary, hope you had a great time.  Would love to hear some of the high points about Disneyland.  Are you all inspired now? :D

Hugs,

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Shelli...I thought it was  bit quiet without you here.  Happy anniversary!

YAY, Disney!!!  We are going next month for seven days down in Florida.  We don't get away from the farm much so it will be REALLY fun....but I am wondering how I will be ...being away from my computer for that many days.:(

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Happy anniversary :).
AmitiƩs,
Marion

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!  We had a great time.  Disneyland is always such fun.  We'd love to go to DisneyWORLD sometime, in Florida, but it's hard to justify all that travel time and expense when DisneyLAND is just a short (one hour or so) flight to Southern California, and flying five people to Florida from the west coast is exhorbitantly expensive, esp. when you add the cost of many days at the park to the bottom line.

We did enjoy, finally -- after nearly 40 years of waiting -- a wonderful dinner a deux at "The Blue Bayou," which is the atmospheric restaurant contained entirely inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.  You know, the one with the lanterns hanging overhead, where it looks like the dead of night -- even in the middle of the day?!?  We got to sit right on the water; very romantic.  Except, that is, for the occasional "immature" rider passing by who yelled, "How's the food there?", or some such thing.

We got two days at the parks -- remember, Disneyland now also includes a second, separate park -- which is outstanding and more contemplative and mature, by the way -- "Disney's California Adventure," which was just about enough time to wear ourselves out and ride many, many wonderful rides and see many, many wonderful things.  The people watching in the parks, and in Downtown Disney (the shopping/restaurant district beside them) is superb.  I am a student of humanity and it's one of my favorite things to watch all those faces, shapes, accents, and clothing styles pass by.  Lucky for me, my husband loves that too.  So, coffee and scone in hand, we did a good amount of people watching too.

Speaking of coffee, and husbands, we're off to some together even as I type!  More later...

... and thanks again for your nice anniversary wishes.

Hugs,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome back, friend Shelli.  Sounds as if you had a very happy, successful, wonderful anniversary trip to Disney, CA!!  We missed you and are glad you have returned to inspire us further.  Carry on!!:D bear_laugh

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yay...Shelli's back

now we can really play

Judi....have you got a laptop?

Dilu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi SHelli...we missed you. Hey, Disneyland is very much part of my young adult  days . First time we went there was 1956 ! I have been there many times thru out the years with my kids ,their cousins and my hubby and I use  to go there with another couple just as a fun date night . That's when you could get in for $6. and paid for the park rides with a .25 cents coupon. We would eat dinner  at the Tiki Tiki Room then wander around to find a live band to dance to. Last time I was there we took all the grandkids, our adult tickets were $38. now I hear they are $50. whew !
What fun...and you will have wonderful memories for years to come, that you cannot replace with anything...Winney

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Shelli, I would love to eat at that resturaunt.  They have one in Disney World, Orlando...I think we will have to try it...plus it is nice a cool inside the Pirates of the Caribbean.  It is going to be REALLY hot there next month (and they charge $2.50 for a bottle of H2O).

Dilu, I wish I had a lap top.  Maybe one day.  I wonder if our hotel will have computers for guests to use...hhhmmmm I know I should try to abstain from the computer for a few days...but.......I would love to have at least one peek while we're there.;)

Winney...wow, $6 to get in.  I think it is $65 a head in Orlando for the Magic Kingom.

Did you guys know that Mickey Mouse has his own bear?  It has an inset face in the shape of Mickey's head with his ears.  I think I am going to try to get a pink one when we go down there....anybody want one?  dare I ask?

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi Shelli. So glad youare back. As they said, we missed you! Hope you had a wonderful romantic time! Disneyland is so great because it takes you back to childhood. I can not think of a better place to reorganize ones thoughts and just have a wonderful time. Sooo happy to see you Kiddo!

Love and hugs Louise

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I must be really dumb :/

I never knew there was a DisneyLand Shelli

I hope you two had a superb time together - lot's of kissy kissy eh? Dirty Girl

Penny bear_laugh:D:D

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Welcome Home Shelli,   
                                        Happy Anniversary ,I'm glad you had a lovely time. Hugs Rita xxx

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Penny!! bear_shocked  Behave yourself!!! bear_rolleyes  Aww, nevermind...I'll let you get away with your shenanigans...'cause you crack me up!!!!! :lol::lol::P

Board footer