Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

DSC026461.jpgHere is a pic of my new puppy that I got for myself, of course with help from family.  I am not sure of a name yet but working on it.  She comes from Louisiana and will arrive on the 21st.  I hope the picture uploads.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

Lotte Rotten Posts: 108

What a little sweetie!!!!! A big Congratulations to you!  bear_wub

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, what a sweet wee girl, have fun with her when she arrives  bear_original

Sandra Heartbeat Bears New Zealand
Gisborne

This is going to be such a wonderful time with your new pup
It will be hard not to spoil as she is such a cutie
I am so happy for you as I know how alone I'd be without Sam.
Look forward to more pictures
Hugs
Helen

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Oh you have chosen one of the most friendly loving dogs.  I have had the pleasure of owning three.  They were bred to be companions, they are the best.  Your new little one is gorgeous.

Joanne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub She's adorable!

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

What a little cutie!  I love this breed - I'm pretty sure my next dog will be a Boston Terrier!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh she is adorable, what a sweet fur baby......congrats! :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh my, what a gorgeous  pup - I love Bostons!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Now here's a thread I'm really ready for! This past Oct I gave my DH two items of extreme Good News to him, which he's wanted for quite a while
- that I was ready for him to start looking for some place in the warmer (than IL) areas of AZ or NM, and
- that we could start looking for our last dog.

BUT - there were modifiers on the dog...
- non-shedding,
- not needing continual grooming visits,
- low bark impulse,
- small (because we'll have it until we're in our early 80s and need a size that won't knock us over or pull us off our feet no matter how well we train it [Cesar Milan agrees on this point]and can fit into our small-ish home now  or eventual apt and can travel with us more easily...),
- restricted to certain areas in the house (meaning not allowed on the white rug I inherited from my folks - at my age I've earned the right to have a white rug!)

So for all of the above reasons and more, I've been researching all of the small dogs: we both grew up with Cockers and with our kids have had mixed breeds and lastly a Black & Silver Min-Schnauzer, which I clipped.
But I'm not as agile as I was and want only brushing, a short hair would be preferable, though a Yorkie or Maltese coat feels nicer.
All of my family is fighting me on this -  BUT - I'M the one that statistics say will most likely out-live DH and I'm the one who will have the dog for the next 12 - 15 years: shouldn't I be the one to make my own choice??

Especially as DH is actually taking reception of his first 40"+ something TV and all the doo-dad gadgets (Playstation something and Blueray something else - an Amazon special with no tax and free shipping... ) tomorrow.. for a 15' sq living room?????
And I'm perfectly OK with that and encouraged him.

So - - after much back and forth cross-referencing - good vs bad (this one doesn't tend to bark but it sheds, that one doesn't shed but it's too big..) a Boston Terrier is the breed I'd settled on about 10 days ago, as the one having most of the features I'm looking for. (Not yet discussed with DH - I'm letting his New Toy get installed and the exposure to the pleasure of it all soak in for a week or two and then I'll bring up the topic of my research)

So I'm going to be watching this thread - DAILY - for updates!
And I'll be writing to you privately, Pat, if I may?

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What a cutie, please share pictures as your little princess grows up.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

annalong MadebyAnna

Just the sweetest little face. ...Enjoy.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub Thanx so much to all of you.  The reason I decided on Boston Terrier is that my daughter has two that she purchased from the same breeder, one is black & white, the other is chestnut & white, they are now 3 years old, and I see them at least once a week and love them so much that I had to have one. They are sweet loveable dogs and we spoil them.  I am sure they will love to play with my little one when she gets here.  Bob you can pm me anytime.  If you have any questions about the breed, I am sure my daughter can help with an answer.
I will probably come up with a name when I have her in my arms on the 21st.
Can't wait. 
Hugs Pat bear_flower

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
rkr4cds wrote:

Now here's a thread I'm really ready for! This past Oct I gave my DH two items of extreme Good News to him, which he's wanted for quite a while
- that I was ready for him to start looking for some place in the warmer (than IL) areas of AZ or NM, and
- that we could start looking for our last dog.

BUT - there were modifiers on the dog...
- non-shedding,
- not needing continual grooming visits,
- low bark impulse,
- small (because we'll have it until we're in our early 80s and need a size that won't knock us over or pull us off our feet no matter how well we train it [Cesar Milan agrees on this point]and can fit into our small-ish home now  or eventual apt and can travel with us more easily...),
- restricted to certain areas in the house (meaning not allowed on the white rug I inherited from my folks - at my age I've earned the right to have a white rug!)
?

They are the most wonderful dogs Bobbie.  But I can tell you after owning three that the only thing that the don't live up to is the no shedding.  So if you don't mind a bit of dog hair (at least it is short) they are perfect in every other way.  They want to please and are very easy to train.

Littlecrow Posts: 71

what an adorable little baby!! soo cute!! I have always wanted a small dog but fell in love with a great dane who thinks shes that small bear_original

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

george-easter-09.jpgI have two Boston brothers who are almost 13...Butch and George. They are larger Bostons - about 30 lbs. I had a larger one, Fred, who was about 40 lb but he died two years ago and poor little Gracie died six years ago. I love the breed and personality. I don't find they shed appreciably. I refer to them as teflon dogs cause nothing seems to stick - even when they've been playing in the cow pasture. They enjoy a warm shower periodically, which is necessary cause they do sleep in our bed under the covers. I would re-think the non-barking though cause they do tend to bark when startled.  :crackup:

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Oh Pat how marvelous!!!! And such an adorable pup!! I am very happy for you! Want to see more pics once you have her. I think Bostons are so cute!
Beth

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Oh my gosh what a  cutiepie! You must be counting down the days til the little one joins you.

Am I the only one who looked at the photo and tried to imagine designing a pattern for that sweet little face? bear_wub

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Awww how sweet. My grandma had a Boston Terrier named Lucky. She loved that little dog with all her heart as I know you will too.  bear_wub

Karon Posts: 751

Ah!!  Congratulations Pat

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Karon

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Weeeell? We're so waiting for a report.
Has she survived the COLD trip North?
How is she settling in?
ARE YOU GETTING ANY SLEEP, New Mom???
I'd love to hear when you have anything to say, Pat!

Sandra Heartbeat Bears New Zealand
Gisborne

I am anxiously awaiting news too about the pup and how you are together and what is the name and..............
All the best Pat
Hugs
Helen

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Awww... I'm so happy for you, Pat! And that has to be the prettiest little Boston ever. Enjoy!

Becky

Board footer