Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Minicompanionbear Mini Companion Bears and Characters
PLymouth

Hi everyone

Just registered and looking forward to reading bear tips and what other teddy makers are doing. I wonder can anyone help me with trying to obtain some Schulte plush to make mini bears. I live in UK and can't find any internet sites to buy small quantities from, even Edinburgh fabrics does not offer any in small enough quantities for me to buy. I have tried for ages to find some similar sort of pile for mini bears (under 10mm pile) and would be sooo grateful if anyone has any bits they could either swap with me or offer for sale. Or if anyone can tell me where I might obtain smaller quantities without huge postage costs. Any help will be very appreciated as I would love to use this fabric or fabric of this kind for mini bears!!
Many Hugs and Best Wishes to everyone- have  a great year bearmaking!!

Mini Companions
Brigid

www.minicompanions.co.uk

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hiya Brigid. There is a post about this. Have a look, but it might be hard to find as we do talk a bit! I get mine from Sassys. It takes about a week to come.

http://www.sassybearsandfabrics.com/

I have had some stuff off ebay too. Don't get the short pile as you will get loads better results with the longer pile. Love your website. Let us know how you go on and 'speak to you soon', Mandy.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Dear Brigid,

A warm welcome on our forum! I hope you will enjoy chatting with us and share a lot of things with us.
As a British artist, you may already know Bear Country UK... http://www.bearcountryuk.com/
They sell short pile German plush, but I don't know if this is Schulte or not...

I use to buy most of my teddy bear making materials there and am very happy of them. They are fast to send materials.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Minicompanionbear Mini Companion Bears and Characters
PLymouth

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I've been to sassys and they do great fabric, so have bought some and look forward to seeing it. The Extra Long pile cashmere looked similiar to schulte fabric, is this what you use Amanda? Also bought some of the imported synthetic with guard hairs, as it looks very realistic. Thanks also Sophie, I am a regular customer of Bear Country. Thanks for        mentioning the sites, and Mini Hugs to both of you, have to look at your sites!!

Brigid  bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big welcome to Teddy Talk, Brigid!  We all look forward to getting to know you and hope you have fun with us.  Post in the "New Members" forum so everyone knows you've just joined us.  Your bears are adorable!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi Bridget...keep coming back here so we can visit with you...we love new bearies...((((((group hug))))))) bear_wub ....Winney

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hi Brigid

The Schulte plusch that you are referring called is usually called "european faux fur" in the States.  Sassy's has it and it is fabulous - my avatar bear is made from Sassy's 1/2 inch off white, she is a 4.5 inch bear.  You can also get it in a shorter pile.  Look on the Imported faux fur page of Sassy's.
She sells 9 x 9 inch squares and they are just perfect.  She posts by airmail too so even if you live out of the States (as I do) you don't have to wait too long!

Hope this helps!

Hugs,
Melissa

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Hello, Brigid bear_original
I think I recognize your bears from bearpile, unless I am mistaken bear_original too cute...

Welcome to the board, by the way!!!  bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Ah yes, it IS you.. your little bear is posted on bear pile next to my bear, Tiki bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Brigid,
    Edinburgh used to sell sample sizes of about 12x 6 inch pieces in lots of 12 for a very reasonable price.  Your could pick you colours as well.  I'll have to look and see if they still sell it.  When I started several years ago, that's all I used.  I'm a mini maker as well.

Hugs,

Brenda

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Brigid,
     I finally had some time to check out mini mohair at Edinburg Imports.  If you click on "fabric" and then "miniature fabrics" the type of mohair I use sometimes is I50.  I'm not sure it's Shulte, but it's very plush and is quite easy to work with.  Maybe you could email Edinburg and ask them if it's Shulte.  It comes in a lot of colours and the size is 9X 9 inches.  It's $8.00/ piece, or 6 pieces cost $5.60 each or 12 pieces cost $4.00 each.  You can order 12 different colours, and it gives you a lot of variety.  It also lasts a long time, since we make small bears. Good luck and let me know how you like it, if you buy some!
                                                   Hugs,

Brenda
http://www.edinburghimports.com/shopping/

Board footer