Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I am in need of 1 yard of the following:

Intercal Quality: 570V/TT (1/2+" semi-sparse density mohair w/black hairs and V-finish)
              Color: TT830 (Sand w/two-toned - black hairs)

This short pile straight, sparse fabric essentially looks light grey with a sand/light tan colored back.

Because Norton went out of business this isn't something I'll be able to buy from Intercal or anywhere else unless someone has some in their stash they are willing to part with. I have no idea when it was last available for purchase but I'm guessing it was a few years ago.

If you have any please PM me or email me daphneblau@tds.net asap!

My fingers are crossed that one of you has some you'd be willing to sell me!  :pray:
Thank you!

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Hi Daphne,

I think I know what mohair you mean, a kind of silverey grey blackhairs mohair with lighter backing. I thought I still had some but unfortunately for you I don't  bear_sad
Although not Norton I know that a UK supplier has some mohairs in stock that might be close to what you want / need.
On this page http://www.norbearyfabrics.co.uk/mohair … fers.shtml I think that the 'Mushroom' (15mm distressed straggly, grey-khaki coloured pile German mohair with a dull soft brown backing), 'Malt Loaf' (9mm distressed, fairly sparse, quite short German mohair, caramel pile with a dull tan backing) and 'Mum's Old Gravy' (18mm distressed, silver/grey pile mohair with a chocolate coloured backing) are maybe close to what you want? Otherwise you could check the other pages on Barbara's site.

Good luck in your search!  bear_thumb

Hugs from Holland,
Marianne

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank you, Marianne!  :hug:

Mum's Old Gravy just might work!  :dance:

Board footer