Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Karon Posts: 751

Has anyone been following the story of poor Anne the elephant bear_cry

A animal rights group has obtained footage of the last Circus elephant in England being beaten with an iron rod, stabbed with a pitch fork and kicked by the so called human being who was employed to look after her.

This old dear is 59 years, has lived singlely for 17 years, was shackled with chain on her legs and suffers arthritis in her back legs.

Anyway Whipsnade offered her a home but this was turned down as it meant living in a herd with some very young boisterous calves and it was felt Anne wouldn't  have coped with this, as she is so old.  HOWEVER Longleat safari park has stepped in and said they would "love to have her" and so she is "packing her trunk" to go and live them  :clap:

I hope Anne's suffering is not in vain and that she will help to get animals in circuses BANNED.

The footage of Anne being abused is available to view - I can't watch it.  TOO disgusting!

Karon

jissy Posts: 70

There is a special place in hell for that &@##^@&*^&, I hope he rots there too! I have more to say but can't because I don't want to be banned from this forum for poor language.
Prayers for this animal and all that have been hurt by anyone. I hope karma happens to those who dare hurt an animal.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Karon,

I read the story as well. 
I can only hope and pray that one day they will ban the (ab)use of all animals for so-called entertainment (circus animals, bull-fights, dog-fights, cock-fights, many animals in second rate zoos - even some "quality zoos": think about what happened to Knut, the list is endless...).  :pray:
Yesterday I saw a glimpse of a program on TV about "dancing bears" in Eastern Europe.  I had turn it off or I wouldn't have slept the whole night.  bear_shocked

Luckily for Anne, her story has a happy ending, but I dread to think how many animals' stories have tragic endings.  bear_cry

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Peter and Mommabear,

First of all Mommabear - I think I know the words you were thinking of, they have run through my mind over and over!

I hope Anne has a few years left to enjoy her liberation from the circus - she SO deserves it. 

In Britain we have had daily updates about Anne's story.  I have a feeling that that elephant has done more for anti-circus feeling than all the petitions and demos us humans could have done.

Anne's story has affected me deeply - she is such a dear and SO sad looking.

I know how you feel about watching the programme about the "dancing bears" - as I said seeing the photos of her being abused was bad enough, to WATCH it I couldn't. 

One thing I can say is that Longleat is a beautiful place and I am sure she will be happy there.  Obviously it is still an "enclosure" but they do look after their animals.

:hug:

Karon

Anne is now at Longleat - she looks SO happy, and doesn't she deserve it!

The government is know looking into banning all "WILD ANIMALS" in circuses - that is a good thing :clap:  but what about all those poor horses etc - reigned up so tightly that their chin almost touches their chest - Anna Sewell  (Black Beauty) must turn in her grave.

HeidiBears florida

So sad.... do people not realize that animals have feelings too? It was found that elephants actually shed tears and mourne their dead... just like humans. There are so many bad people in this world that do terrible things but there are so many that do good too; it's up to us to just stay postive and make a difference in the lives of all creatures big and small

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

what a lovely story, here in portugal the circus still have elephants, lions etc etc when i am on my way home from work i go past the area they have set the circus up in.  my heart goes out to the animals as you can see them all standing there. This is one thing about this country i dislike the way they treat there animals.... thats why i have 5 dogs now.

i wish belonging to the EU the countries should all be banned from having animals in capitivity
but its always good to hear a happy story at least we are heading hopefully in the right direction
xx

Board footer