Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Gully Posts: 35

Being new to this game, can anyone tell me if there are such things as bear collectors get togethers or bear shows/competitions/parties? I would love to meet some fellow collectors, I live in Dorset so would be looking for events in the west country. Any info much appreciated!  :clap:

Karon Posts: 751

Hi Gully

I know you like Steiff.  Have you tried going to a Steiff Club Event - usually held by Bear Shops.  Great way to meet Steiff fans.  There is also a Bear Fair held in Cornwall.  Google Emmary Bears.

Karon

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Hi Gully,

Maybe you already know the UK Teddy Bear Guide, issued annually by Hugglets. It contains a special section on bear fairs and organisers. The guide is available as a hardcopy (GBP 7.50), you can watch it online or you can download it as a PDF file.
In case you didn't know here's the link to this site http://www.hugglets.co.uk/guideindex.php
When viewing the 2011 Guide go to page 62 and further to get details on fairs, fair dates, number of participants and names of organisers and their contact details. Usually fair dates mentioned go as far as the month of October.

Good luck! There should be one or two in your area.

Board footer