Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Bakerina78 Posts: 326

Hello,
just have a question:

I just created my blog and I have no idea how can you get followers and traffic to your blog?

is it good idea to make "Bear give-away"

or it just needs time?

Thanks, and any comment will be appreciated!!!

Tatyana

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

bear_grin This is a good place to start!! I'm following you now.  If you would like to take a look at my blog, here is a link:  http://tickledpinkbears.blogspot.com/
:dance:

Thanks Kelly,
you are my first follower

now I follow you too bear_original and you are first who I follow too bear_original

It took me some time to understand how Blogger works!
Hope I'll get more success later

bear_flower

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

I finally started a blog and was wondering how to attract followers, too.  I took a look at your blogs and enjoyed them both. 

Everyone at Teddy Talk is invited to visit my blog.  It is still a work in progress. Please let me know what you think.   

Sandi

Hi Sandi,
I am follow you too now

I think probably the best way to get follower is to make GIVE AWAY

Don't you think so?

looks some bloggers who did that got like 100's comments in one month, not to bad!

annalong MadebyAnna

A very good question... bear_original  I was wondering if people follow blogs as much as facebook? I have a blog but not many followers  bear_noexpression  I find on facebook I can interact better and have a quicker view of what others are working on . I enjoy reading the updates of fellow bearmakers.

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Hi Tatyana,

Thanks for checking out my blog.   Maybe I'll try a give away.  I don't have a website so the blog is my first presence on the internet.  I thought I would send post cards to my collectors and ask them to take a look and try some type of promotion.

Sandi

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Anna,
I see that you have a helper like I do.  Scooter looks like a rascal.  My Lily likes to hide panda eye patches as well as ears.

Sandi

I think you are right, Anna, my facebook page is in project. Looks like on facebook you can see every step of your friends and on blog you have to check it yourself

Sandi, you should make a mailing list and ask your collectors to sign for it, so you can just send one e-mail for everybody. www.Bravenet.com has good service for that

annalong MadebyAnna
sandi wrote:

Anna,
I see that you have a helper like I do.  Scooter looks like a rascal.  My Lily likes to hide panda eye patches as well as ears.

Sandi

bear_original  Love my scooter ..but he seems to be a bit obsessed with the bears. I have to keep all parts securely locked up as he has even managed to open my desk drawer to get a bear head or leg.
As soon as I enter my bear making room..he flies around the corner and lays on the desk to watch me.   bear_grin  I was wondering if Stephanie was putting catnip in my sassy fabric  bear_original

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
annalong wrote:

A very good question... bear_original  I was wondering if people follow blogs as much as facebook? I have a blog but not many followers  bear_noexpression  I find on facebook I can interact better and have a quicker view of what others are working on . I enjoy reading the updates of fellow bearmakers.

I am a blog lover.  I like FB too but I find that once you end up with a ton of friends it is hard to really keep up.  I read my blog list every morning.  I rarely miss a post on a blog I follow.   It takes a while to build a following.  I do not like to follow blogs that are only sale pages.  I do like to see what people are selling, but I really want to read about what they are doing in the bear world. 

Joanne

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I'm now following you all (well I already was following Joanne lol).  The best advice I can give you is if you want people to read your blog, then you need to read, follow and comment on other people's, it's a two-way street.  You also need to update yours relatively frequently, and it helps, if you're trying to make it related to your business, if you don't use it to also talk about your family, pets, holidays, whatever... sure, the odd post is fine, but if people have an expectation of reading a blog about bears, they may be less interested in your kid's 7th grade history exam, or your cat's favourite food  bear_happy   If you want a family blog, then I'd keep another one separately.

Giveaways will pull in people, but only if you have quite a few people to start with - you're relying on your current followers to spread the word, if only 5 people see it to mention it on their blog, your numbers may not soar (especially if they either don't have many followers themselves, or have many similar followers - for example Joanne and I both have a number of the same people following us)

Blog parties pull people in - read blogs by other people that have similar interests to you, and see if any of them are hosting a 'blog party'.  It could be a themed day where everyone makes something in a show and tell sort of way, or a day when everyone has a giveaway, or a day when everyone tells a story of some kind, either way, the good ones pull in many participants, which in turns covers many followers who on party day could stroll through your blog, like what they see, and decide to follow you too.

The best way to find new people with possibly similar interests is to click through on blogs you already know you like, and see what the people following them are about.

HTH

Bloomsburg, PA

Perfect Katy.  you are right on all accounts.

Conni Germany

I am a blog-friend. There are a lot of interesting Blogs. I read, comments....
Very fantastically for me it is if a translator is present.
My Blog also has one.

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Anna wrote:
As soon as I enter my bear making room..he flies around the corner and lays on the desk to watch me.     I was wondering if Stephanie was putting catnip in my sassy fabric

bear_laugh  I know what you mean as soon as I do anything both of my cats are right there laying on all over it.  Sometimes I have to work quickly before they catch on to what I am doing.

Thanks, everyone for the advice and looking at my blog.  I love looking at blogs both for content and design. 

Sandi

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

How do you follow blogs?  Do you have to use Blogger for this?  I use Wordpress because it's easier on my screen reader.

Katy,
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
I couldn't expect better answer

I never heard about Blog parties. Sounds like fun!

wubbiebear wrote:

How do you follow blogs?  Do you have to use Blogger for this?  I use Wordpress because it's easier on my screen reader.

I made my first on Life-Journal.. but looks like Blogspot is more popular

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I just subscribed to the RSS of your blog, or at least that's what I think it was.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
Bakerina78 wrote:

Hello,
just have a question:

I just created my blog and I have no idea how can you get followers and traffic to your blog?

is it good idea to make "Bear give-away"

or it just needs time?

Thanks, and any comment will be appreciated!!!

Tatyana

I just dropped by, but there was nothing to read.
You need to write something interesting...and soon, if you want people to continue following.

I just strated.. still working on it
and as English is my second language people probably will laugh from my English Grammar
but what can you do :)
I think I'll write in 2 languages Russian and English

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

I don't think anyone would laugh at you...I certainly wouldn't...and if you wrote your blog in Russian there is always Google translator to help out.
Everyone has to start somewhere...perhaps you can begin by sharing some photos of where you live in Canada.

Bloomsburg, PA
Bakerina78 wrote:

and as English is my second language people probably will laugh from my English Grammar
but what can you do :)

I follow blogs in Russian.  I just use google translator.

bearlysane wrote:

I don't think anyone would laugh at you...I certainly wouldn't...and if you wrote your blog in Russian there is always Google translator to help out.
Everyone has to start somewhere...perhaps you can begin by sharing some photos of where you live in Canada.

Sounds like a good idea bear_thumb

desertmountainbear wrote:
Bakerina78 wrote:

but what can you do bear_original

I follow blogs in Russian.  I just use google translator.

Sometimes those translators translate things in a funny way bear_original but you can get main idea anyway

Board footer