Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I quickly dropped my work and surfed through the new issue - I liked the new article and their fresh approach to spot lighting 9 up-and-coming new artists - and most are already found right here in TT!!
All were posed the same 5 questions and all replied in the same nice short format. Very refreshing. The whole issue had a nice can't-wait-to-turn-the-next-page feeling to it.

And one of the recent threads posted here in the past week or so is about 'bare' bears; those made from no-napped fabric. On the last page is a new design from Steiff® out of a brocade in a raspberry on taupe (they called it burgundy), a tribute to Margarete: LE 1500, $275.
Quite handsome (or should I say Lovely, as it as one of those bejeweled black sequiny bow appliqués around it's neck). It caught my eye because I designed a similar 3" miniature in raspberry on black with a red & black neck ruff for Teddy Bears of Witney about 15 years ago. I'll have to dig out the image, as it was before the digi age and isn't in the computer.

With non-napped designs one can truly appreciate the design lines, the balance and proportions. I think the classic traditional style ted looks best in this type of fabric: JMO, of course!!!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I enjoyed the issue as well, and am proud to be included among the emerging artists! :dance:

I was also pretty impressed with the Steiff bear on the last page. For a bear with no fur, she's quite lovely. I hope you can find the picture of your bear, Bobbie. bear_flower

Becky

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I can't believe that you've been designing for so few years, Becky! Your work looks amazingly like the classics of the 80s, I noted that for Susana (from Hong Kong?) too, but your 'look' reminds me more of SueAnn's. I know one doesn't make that conscious decision or effort, but I also equate hers with the old-fashioned 'Ted' look.
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly you all advance. It seems like we who began in the late 80s / early 90s must've been slogging through sand or concrete... the advances were so much more slowly made. Just like advances everywhere today in technology, they're not leapfrogging but space-walking. You know - like those moon walking jumps that bound along 20 yards between steps.
It leaves me breathless how fast the pace is going.
I think I'll have a look through that box of patterns & pix tonight or tomorrow... Thx!

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
rkr4cds wrote:

I can't believe that you've been designing for so few years, Becky!

That's often the way with natural talent though, it doesn't take years to create wonderful teddy bears; and they're stunning bears.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Oh, you're both too kind.  bear_wub  I'm just happy that you like my bears.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Becky

Board footer