Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I received this e from my sister, who has a custom hat business in the Los Gatos CA area.

"Decided to throw my hat into the ring – not literally – only digitally at this point.   I’d love your votes - and anyone else you can talk into voting;) maybe Anne (our DD) and her girls can spread the word and help me win a 2 week internship in London with Stephen Jones!"  (Her DH is an ex-pat and they have dual citizenship)
"He will make the final selection but the number of votes does count and the hat with the most votes also wins a prize.  Voting begins tomorrow and ends Thursday Aug 18th.  Will email you to let you know how to vote if it’s not obvious.
Tell everyone to vote!"
Rosemary

http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvi … c1489e/239

My problem... I'm not on Facebook or any other network and haven't the slightest idea how to 'vote'. I'd appreciate it if she'd receive a TT vote or two to replace my missing ones!
Her entry -
"Reminiscent of the glamour of the 1950's this elegant hat is made from one piece of jinsin twisted and fanned out to form a sculptural frame for the face. The curved edges are bound in petersham The black coque feathers are hand-cut and positioned to emphasize the curve of the brim and to add movement to the hat. The feathers are removable and the hat can be turned upside down for a more casual daywear look."

Rosemary.jpg

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Bobbie,

I voted for Rosemary, but I am sure what my teddy bear friends will think of me when they see this hat on my FB page!  bear_grin

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

I voted and good luck to Rosemary!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Voted with pleasure, and urged my multifarious followers to join in.  Think the big rough photographer and rowing guys might skip it, but hopefully the rest will help out  bear_laugh

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

It was Rosemary who introduced me to  the teddy bear world: she had been collecting artist miniatures from the few shops she could locate in the early 80s - one of which was the first (in the States? the world?) in her own town of Los Gatos CA - Bears in the Woods.
At the time, she and her DH were living & running businesses in CA and in the UK; while in England she and a friend, Laura Turner, started Tedi Bach Hug club (in Irby, the Wirral) I'm pretty sure that they still have a booth at the Hugglets fairs, or did until the past few years but it was the longest running miniature club.

She ran it for a number of years before the constant travel took its toll and turned it over to Pebby Morton, who in turn headed it until her retirement years and Vanessa Littleboy became the latest Hug Mum.

Many many miniaturists grew out of TBH and Rosemary & I are very pleased to have known all of them!
So in a way, this contact is bringing Rosemary back full circle into the bear world again: she's still hand-sewing textiles, but in a different arena. Our Mom's influence and example knew no bounds for her family of 7 siblings; except for our underwear, she sewed and knit everything from the babies' diapers/nappies to our coats and—even twice—a 'fully bespoke' suit for Dad.

Thx for your support of my *Little Sis* who is several inches taller, several stone lighter and in our youth was a Miss Tall Chicago!

Board footer