Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

ScottBear scott's bears

panda31bb.jpgpanda41Abc.jpgHi folks  This a Panda I made for the San Deigo teddy show and it was bought by the museum in Santa Barbra...
this bear could not have been made without the great help and support of MISS DONNA :love:

More info
Thanks for the nice comments

He is one of my 13inch guys done in a hard to find and hard to work with mohair called fearthered DBL plucked(dont ask I did not name it LOL) the coat was a vintage one that I had told donna mettling to buy for one of her bears at a doll show a very long time ago and then forgot about (she is such a giver ) and the DRAGON RIBBON trim on the coat and hat I bought for a MILLION yen a meter when I was in Japan for a teddybear show in 2000 (ask about the ribbon story sometime)
shelly the cap is an orginal design and designed around useing EVERY DARN millameter of the JAPAN ribbon (my head still spins when i start to think about the ribbon story)
BearHUG
SCOTT

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ooh, lovely.  How did you make the headpiece???

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Scott- could you please describe this bear for us I am having a problem figuring him out!!!
Thanks and who is Donna?
Hugs
Gail

Deb Upstate New York

Very nice Scott!  Sooo much detail.

Gail ~ I'm going by memory, but think Scott is a friend of Donna Mettling.  Donna posts here on the board.
If I'm wrong, Scott please correct.

ScottBear scott's bears

YEP your right !!! DONNA METTLING (lucy-Bossy-Adolf- the cat hearder) shes goes by many names .......
I posted more info about the bear !!! LOL
BearHug
Scott

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Just lovely Scott!! Gorgeous!!

Many Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow - that is one impressive panda, Scott!  Congratulations on its purchase for the museum!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

He is beautiful ! I wish I could go and see him in the Santa Barbara Museum, one day :).

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

What a completely wonderful creation Scott! No wonder he ended up in a museum, he is unique
:clap:   :clap:   :clap:

I wanna know about the ribbon though - i love a good story - is it already posted here at TT?

Penny  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a Grand Panda Scott - love the attention to detail with his costume.
Glad that he was bought for the Santa Barbara Museum.

ScottBear scott's bears

HI  ok Penny being new in the room I should pony up a good story to give yall an Idea who I am and some of the crazy and totaly clueless and silly things I can get myself into  lol lol ...
bear_wacko OK ..so on my first trip to japan to show at the tokyo teddybear show my travel partner Kelly D.and I wanted to find interesting trims for our bears and was told about this fantastic store by one of the other artists at the show. After about 3 different trains and a great lil woman who took pity on us and just walked us to the place we found the store . well it was worth it... IT WAS TEDDYBEAR ARTIST HEAVEN ...floor to ceiling of custom ribbon and trims ... OK so I have a bit of a reputation of being FRUGAL boarding on CHEEP soooo standing in the store I turned to kelly D. and said "FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I AM GOING TO GET WHAT I LIKE AND NOT LOOK AT THE PRICE ".....words that will never come out of mouth ever again!!!! LOLLOL...It was heaven the greatest ribbon I have ever touched HAND DONE ENDLESS COLORS ENDLESS PATTERNS MY HEAD WAS DIZZY WITH THE CHOICE'S... and drunk with the possablity's for great bears that I would make with them ....After about 4-5 hours the lil lady took me too the counter to cut the ribbons and pay .....PLEASE remember that I only understand a very little japanese and just pointed and said 1 meter of this one and 2 meters of that one (like I was the queen of england) The ribbon cut and ready kelly and I went to pay (kelly was buying beads that day not ribbon) soo the li'l lady brings me my bill and I sign and as I looked down at the TOTAL (note it was in YEN and with the exchange rate the bill always freaks ya out a bit it's like a thousand yen to the dollar) KELLY started choking and for me the room started SPINNING  as she handed me my purchase's "IN THE SMALLEST BAG IN THE WORLD"  bear_shocked ......out side kelly did the math exchange rate...
!!! I HAD JUST SPENT $950.OO US DOLLARS !!! I thought I was gonna pass out kelly got some water for me (laughing mixed with true concern that I was gonna pass out in the middle of tokyo) Well to say the least that li'l bag of ribbon is and was the last time I ever through caution to the wind and not look at a price tag!!!
To this date I still have some left and when ever I do a bear with some of the ribbon my hand shake when I go to cut into it !!!! The "GRAND PANDA" that i placed up for all to look at was done with the famous JAPAN RIBBON and every millimeter of it was used!!!! that ribbon cost me over $100. a meter !!!
well that is the ribbon story !!! I have a few more but this one give ya a good idea how easily i can get myself into BIG trouble
BIG BEARHUG
SCOTT  bear_wacko

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Very exquisit bear Scott! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Wonderful panda Scott, Love his costume bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Thanks for the information Scott- you are extremely talented!!! I LOVE your avatar bear as well
Hugs
Gail

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

This bear is just gorgeous... as is his expensive wardrobe!!!!  bear_wub

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Magnificent work ...

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Oh my Scott!! What a bear! He looks very regal and very deserving of million yen per meter ribbon. Wonderful!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Wowwie! That is some story. That is why I always ask how much something is.
Someday it would be nice to go the fashion district in New York and find the ribbon and trim shoppes and not have to worry about the price tags.
Mum bought some Victorian trim there last year and I think that it was $105 a yard.
I am hoping that when we go to Toy Fair that we might get a chance to walk around on Saturday. The show starts Sunday.

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

He is awesome!!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Truely amazing bear. He's just wonderful. Loved your ribbon story.hahahahahah bear_grin  bear_grin
Matilda

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Very regal Scott..wonderfully unique bear...Winney

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Well Scott, after hearing hints of this "ribbon story" here and there on the board, I must admit, I was dying to know what it was all about!  How fortuitous that I saw your beautiful panda and decided to read this thread!  Oh, I should come to the Showcase section more often.... I laughed so hard!!!! Not at you but with you... I am assuming that at this point it's a funny story for you too!  $950.00!  Holy Moly!  Well, if it's any consolation... you just taught a non-world traveler a big lesson if I ever get the chance to leave my house, much less Ohio!  And your bear wears the trim quite well!!!!  He just screams with regal gorgeousness!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals
http://www.picturetrail.com/bastadolls

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website
Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  He's breathtaking, Scott! Definitely a museum piece (what an honor!), and I don't blame you for buying that ribbon  bear_wub I don't think I could have resisted it.

Eileen

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wow Scott!!!!  What more can I say :)
Sarah

Board footer