Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Stretch1one Posts: 1

Hello everyone, first time posting here. Well my girlfriends dog tore up her teddy bear while she was at work and she's had this thing since she was just a baby so it's roughly 20 years old and it means a lot to her. Well it was in pretty rough condition as it was and the photo I have below I had to use Photoshop to remove the jumpsuit her grandmother made for it to keep the stuffing in ^_^;; so you could see the bear better. I guess I'm just hoping someone will recognize the brand of the bear. I'm sorry I don't have a better picture of it but it's too late too take one now >< I would really appreciate any help you could provide. Many Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

p.s. It's most likely a Canadian bear since that's where it was purchased, and I'm told it was fairly expensive at the time, ~100 dollars.

ptbear1112.jpg   111006_022944.jpg

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Just from looking a the pictures, I think the Bear can be saved.  His head looks all right.  His arms look all right.  It seems that only his left leg is really damaged and he's been unstuffed.  If he goes to a Bear doctor, I think he can be put back together.

If some of his material is torn it might be possible to patch him from the inside by temporarily turning him inside out and sewing material over the damaged parts then putting him back together.  Given his age, I think he would be happy to be restuffed, regardless of damage.

If his material can't be patched or oversewn, I would recommending cutting out the torn parts at the nearest seam and replacing it with new material that matches the original as closely as possible.  Then take the old material, roll it up and stuff it inside the Bear when he gets his new stuffing.

This is not an easy job by any means but, with time and effort, I think he can be made whole again.

Stretch,  I suggest you take a look around on this site and visit the websites of a few of the Bearmakers who have their profiles listed.  Look at their work and decide who's style you like best.  Make a list of two or three Bearmakers who you like and contact them by e-mail.  Ask them if they are willing to be a Bear doctor for you.

Many of the Bearmakers who come here are busy, especially this time of year.  They are all gearing up for Christmas.  But, if you are patient and can pay somebody to do the work for you, I think your Bear will come out none the worse for wear.   bear_thumb

Board footer