Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

HI.... SORRY TO BE THE BEARER OF NEWS THAT MAY ANGER QUITE ALOT OF PEOPLE BUT IT HAS BEEN BOUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT A SITE HAS BEEN USING ONE OF MY PICTURES OF A BEAR, ON CLOSER INSEPCTION IT IS ALSO FOR SALE IN LARGE QUANTITIES AS WELL AS LOTS OF OTHER ARTIST BEARS, YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK TO SEE IF ANY OF YOUR BEARS ARE BEING RE-PRODUCED.
http://hayidai.en.alibaba.com/productgr … Bears.html

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

I'm glad someone brought this to your attention Kim, I hadn't noticed your bear but I had noticed others since this was mentioned on the guild of master bear crafters, and it scared the heck out of me to be honest. Do they actually mass produce these bears? They can't be anything like the real thing. That's not the point I know but what guts this person/s has to do such a thing. Hopefully together (everyone who's willing to pitch in) we can get them to remove said photos.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

99% of everything on Alibaba is a Chinese scam.  The first big clue should be that they only take payment via Western Union.

Alibaba = SCAM.

bearlady13 Posts: 177

That is awful. I for one will look into this.  Thanks for letting us know.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Wow! Looks like a lot of the photos were taken in an office which would mean they actually have the bear captive bear_sad THey may be trying to see how many orders they can get and if there are enough orders they will manufacture the bear? They are fast. They could have the bear apart, create a pattern, source the fur and be ready to produce in a couple of days.
Karen

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Ah, the copycats strike again. One thing I know for sure is that anyone dumb enough to place an order will be sorely disappointed. (Clearly they're not going to get anything close to these OOAK bears--even if a manufacturer has the pattern and fur to duplicate.)

Just ask the Steiff company how well it went for them to manufacture in China, and that was with a lot of hands-on guidance from their own experts, I'm sure. Making things as quickly and cheaply as possible is going to have one inevitable result--crap.

Becky

p.s. I'll bet their "Desney" toys are the very best! bear_laugh

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

This is terrible - I think they just stole the photos from on line pictures and photoshopped to make the backgrounds look uniform.  It's a good case for watermarking photos! 
Hugs,
Janice

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I sent a complaint to Alibaba yesterday and got a response today:

Hi Sue Ann Holcomb,

Thanks for your email.

We regret to learn that your pictures have been used by another member without your consent.

Please be kindly informed that all complaints about product picture theft must be submitted by the complainants through our Complaint Center for follow up. Therefore, please follow the below steps to submit this complaint:

1. Go to the product listing page that you want to report
2. Click the button "Report Suspicious Activity" and select "Report Type" as "Alleged picture copyright infringement"
1. Go to the product listing page that you want to report
2. Click the button "Report Suspicious Activity" and select "Report Type" as "Alleged picture copyright infringement"

If you do not have an Alibaba.com account yet, please click here to register with your email address.

After you successfully submit the complaint in the Complaint Center (http://channel.alibaba.com/complaint/home.htm), you can also check for updates or provide further information in it.

If you have any further questions, please visit our Help Center at http://www.alibaba.com/help or contact us at any time.

Sincerely,
Iris
Alibaba.com International Customer Services

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

I sent facebook messages to Shelli, Kim and Roxanne just in case they didn't see this post  :O)

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Yes, thanks again Janice and Shelly for bringing it to my attention. I'm still not sure how you found the bear on line, but I am glad you did!
They are using my actual photo and of course, it is one that I sell the pattern for too. I went to file a complaint like SueAnn suggested, however, it required me to create an account. Not too keen on giving them my name, phone, email etc....any way around that SueAnn or did you have to create an account first??

Bear hugs,

Kim

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

i am in the process of reporting all the stolen pictures, i have also filed a complaint and given false details other than my email, i have also told them i have spread the word and i have sought legal advice and they have 24 hours to remove the pictures or face the consequences... thats my polite version , this is the email adress to contact them through       hayidai@163.com.       hope you get somewhere, i have threatened legal action in numerous ways, think they might start to realize now that it would be easier to remove the pictures than put up with my ramblings, and i will continue to pester them until theyre gone

Lol good on you Kim, well done. The Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

th_tubby052.jpgjust had a response after sending this picture... this squeeky wheel is about to but a flippin ticket to china!

We have received your complaint of picture infringement you submitted in the system, but the original picture is not consistent with that of the complained product, so we can not accept your complaint. Please provide the original picture which is exactly same with that of the complained product. We will handle as soon as possible after receipt.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Kim,
Do you have a lawyer to the arts in your area that could give you free advice? I can't believe the arrogance!
Karen

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Kim,
I talked to someone involved in import/export. He said the best way to stop this is if any of the copies come into the U.S., then Customs can get involved. A large U.S. registered company would have to be involved and you would be more able to enforce your copyright.

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

i havent. but dont worry, i will get that picture removed... they should be well an truely sick of my emails by now!

Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Does anybody have an email address to send a complaint to? The one listed above will not work for me. I dont want to have to become a member to be able to contact them.....ohhh sheesh! What a hassle this is!!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

the email i have isnt working either now... iv joined but the only details iv given is my email... everything else is "bum bum!"   if you click on your picture, on the top left there is a report suspicious activity button, or scroll dont and make a comment, iv made about 150 comments, all saying, remove my picture! must be getting on someones nerves by now!

Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

LOL....thats too funny Kim!
Ya, there is something hokey about the fact that the email address is no longer working.....hummmm  I really dont want to give them any info on me. This site seems too sketchy to give them any at all. I will see what I can do, but I think at this point we are all in between a rock and a hard place. Doesn't sound like the admin is willing to do much to help us.....

Thanks for your help Kim

Bear hugs,

Kim

Us Bears Pennsylvania

As I said, Alibaba is a scam and nothing but.

It's supposed to be a "business to business" marketing site where you can contact companies that make things and have your order filled at wholesale quantities and prices.  However, it's really little more than a bunch of crooks who take peoples' money and are never heard of again.

Alibaba = SCAM.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

I've notified Quy that the stolen photos seem to have been taken from Intercal's site.  Maybe he can offer some suggestions.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks, Sue Ann. bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I just have to laugh. Sorry guys. I just don't buy it that this company is very legit. One of those bears is mine... which a dear friend of mine has in her possession. Another is one that was made by a former bear artist and former TTer which is right here in my studio as part of my collection... also safe from some evil person in China wanting to make a buck off us artists. So at least I know they're not taking these bears apart to get the pattern! They wouldn't even know what size they were!

I don't see how they can possibly reproduce any of those bears without the bear or pattern. Tonner Doll had all they could do to reproduce Mimzy WITH my pattern! (She was also produced in China!) So I just don't see this company following through with any orders they may get.

I haven't taken the time to read through all of your posts because I'm trying to get things ready for the Christmas Treasures online show Friday. You may have all discussed the possibility that this company is a great big scam, I don't know. If I recall correctly the picture of the artist bear I have in my collection was only posted here on TT because it was a swap bear and she was my partner. The photo of my bear which is also on that site is a photo I posted here on TT as well. So I can venture to guess where they are getting some of their photos from. No fault of TT's mind you!

The world wide web.... gotta love it and hate it all at the same time!  bear_ermm

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Actually, I'm not concerned with the naughty company trying to duplicate my bear without the pattern.  Even if they did try, we all know that what they come up with would not resemble anyone's artist bear in the least.  What I dislike is that they are defrauding the public.  Purchasers will click on a photo thinking they will receive a cute bear that looks like the picture.  NOT!  Alibaba needs to put up photos of the merchandise they offer for sale - not someone else's artist bear.  Even if they are a total scam and just take money without sending the product - it's not legit to steal pics from another site.

Some people just need to find another hobby lol. They should try making bears then maybe they'd have more respect for those that put in weeks to get one bear. It's just so annoying all this.

And Kim your posts made me laugh so hard lol. You tell em!  :crackup:

Board footer