Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

sumbaby.jpgFROM:  http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= … l%26sa%3DN

Look at this cute one!  And what a great and easy accent the ribbon at the side makes!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

fraidyatc.jpgFROM:  http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= … l%26sa%3DN

This is a more "interactive" one with opening/closing doors and an interesting top edge.

Somebody stop me!!!   bear_tongue

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Those are really cool, Shelli.  I buy Somerset Studio and Legacy magazines all the time, and they often show artists trading cards.  I really, really want to play!

Hugs,

Brenda

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Really, somebody MUST stop me.  It's becoming an obsession.

One last one... for the quilters/needleworkers among you...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= … l%26sa%3DN

And Brenda... YES!  I just bought two of those magazines in the last week or so and that, in combination with Nancy's comment, just have had my head spinning with ideas!

I'm glad everyone is excited.  Nancy and I are in discussion not yet ready to be made public but I think something will work itself out soon to make this very possible and maybe even, easy to do.  Yay!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shelli,  thank you for your post  and
this is so interesting !!!!!!!  :clap:

I didn't read all post yet but I will study and find out
how to make one for my self !!  bear_laugh

Hugs/Marie

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Shelli & All -
I think that this is a fablous idea. And when i get a moment I wil create some that can be traded. That will be teh 6th Tuesday after never. bear_grin
I am thinking that I might have a moment after Toy Fair to breath and think about other things.
I didn't even attempt to read all that was posted but I really like this idea.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Shelli

Your idea both excites me and petrifies me!!!!  I definitely couldn't do the digital thing but oh the playing with paper and fabric and eyelets and all things scrapbooking sounds like so much fun  bear_tongue

I have done something very similar a few years ago in the stamping/scrapbooking scene and it's great fun. 

The only downside....I'll have more justification for buying yet more supplies.   This is where I make my sad confession...I have a LOT of scrapbooking supplies but I have never yet created a single page.  However, I do make and sell greeting cards and have just started planning an album of my bears....that I am determined will be started soon after several months of procrastination!

Look forward to hearing more when you've worked out all the legal/hosting etc rules and regs!

Melissa, you sound so much like me!  I've been collecting scrapbooking supplies and stamps for about four years, but haven't done anything significant this year.  However, at Xmas, I asked for "money please" or "gift certificates" to Michaels, as I am determined to get at it when we move.  I bought a Xyron machine (didn't even know what it was before I bought it) and tons of mags and all the do dads like brads etc.  I guess I was getting all ready to make Trading cards and didn't even know it LOL! 
     As I said, I buy Somerset Studio and Legacy all the time and have so many ideas I don't know where to start.  Shelli, if you want a book to carry you off to dreamland, check out "Transparent Art" at Stampinton.com - I got it for my birthday in December and when I see everything in it, I get goosebumps.  I've already done some printing on transparencies and it is sooooooo cool.  You better be careful girlie - you're going to be hooked too. 

Hugs,

Brenda

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shelli this is such a cool idea.  I'm interested in participating when it gets going.  I love the samples and your new avatar.  VERY PRETTY !!!!!!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I am very late juming in here.  I think this is a very good idea.

If I were to make a card I would like to do it by hand incorporating my own bears.  I think this could work for everyone. What a neat collection we could start.

Count me in!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I agree with Judi... seems really like the whole point in making our own artist cards would be to promote our own work! I'd want trading cards from my favorite artists with their bears on it... not someone elses or 'clip art'! I know I'd look at that bear on the card long enough and finally break down and order a real bear from that artist if I didn't already have one.

These would be great sales tools as well as just plain fun. I know, I'm looking at this from the perspective, once again, of someone who makes bears her full-time business. Others will want to do this for fun only.
And FUN they shall have!!! I can't wait!  :hug:

Michaels... here we come!!!

Shelli, don't stop making bears to make ATCs!!!!!!  bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_happy

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Okay Shelli, now you've gone and done it!  I spent yesterday afternoon creating one of those ACEO cards  bear_original instead of working on a bear.   bear_sad

I'll post a picture of it as soon as it's light enough.  Then I will have to seriously sit my rear end away from the computer and in my studio chair for the rest of the day!!! 

Warmest bear hugs,   :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Oooh!  I can't wait.  Hurry up, Aleta!  bear_flower

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Brenda we do sound alike.   Those Somerset Studio magazines are beautiful - I could buy them here a few years ago but only one store sells them now and they are some horrendous price after the exchange rate.  I don't think it's neccessarily a bad thing though...one less thing for me to spend money on! 

Once you've moved an d settled in you'll be able to play away to your heart's content!

Portland, Oregon
Website

ACEO.jpgWell, here it is.  My very first art card.  I thought my first one should say a little something about me and my bears.  The bear pictured is Georgia Claire.  She wears a crown with a vintage velvet flower and brass bee.  My nickname is Queen, I collect vintage flowers and my trademark is a bee.  I make my bears "slowly and with expression."  My studio is filled with music when I work.  Mohair is my fabric of choice and I accessorize my bears using vintage textiles, lace, mother of pearl buttons and silk ribbons.  Oh, and my favorite colors are pink, green and warm shades of white.  They're also the colors preferred by my bears.....at least the girl bears!

This little card was soooo much fun to create!   bear_original  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wonderful card, Aleta!  bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Aleta, it's wonderful!  Exactly what I had in mind.  An art card... showcasing bear art!

Can I be first in line for that trade???

bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you girls for the kind words.   bear_flower  There is such joy in creating!!

Shelli,
This particular card won't go for trade since it's my first one.  It will go in my journal instead.  I have some others in mind though if you'd be willing to trade.  When I get them finished I'll post them.   bear_original   I love the idea of trading cards!! 

Come on everyone!  Let's see your art cards!!  :dance:

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

OK.. I did my first one too! Let's see if I can figure out how to post it here

smatcgng.jpg

Sonya

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

wow! it worked, but I guess I should have done it smaller for the forum
Sonya

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Ooh, lovely, and so nautical!

Aleta and Sonya,  your cards are wonderful!  This is really inspiring - hubby got a new computer for Xmas but didn't hook up the printer - I think he knew what he was doing LOL!  Leaving me here alone with a computer and a new printer would be a dangerous combination!  Keep posting the cards - I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Hugs,

Brenda

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Absolutely lovely cards, ladies!  Very inspirational indeed, I can't wait to see what others come up with either   bear_original

Hugs,
Kelly

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, super duper trading cards, ladies - let's go for it!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh how gorgeous you clever talented Ladys with your wonderful artist trading cards.
Sigh...... Wished I knew my way around computers.

Board footer