Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

TinyPixi West Yorkshire

Just spent over an hour stitching head pieces together.....only to turn it inside out and it looks pants!...Grrrrrrr....... Ah well good job there's lots of fabric to start a new head!!  bear_rolleyes

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Emma , It happens to all of us at one time or another. Just keep at it. bear_original

Tatty Bears South Australia

I can imagine how frustrating that can be and although I feel for you it is nice to know I am not the only one having problems. I have spent a couple of days now trying to embroider a nose,  I have taken it out 3 times so far.
You are on your second bear like me, right?
Just remember it is all practice for us beginners and just think of how amazing our bears of the future are going to be, so keep plunging on.
You have made me feel a lot better knowing we all stuff up and I am sure even the pros get it wrong sometimes.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

To quote Thomas Edison: 

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

TinyPixi West Yorkshire
Us Bears wrote:

To quote Thomas Edison: 

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

That's Fab!!!  bear_grin

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Don't toss it til you stuff it! You only truly know once it's stuffed

TinyPixi West Yorkshire
karenaus wrote:

Don't toss it til you stuff it! You only truly know once it's stuffed

I did stuff it.....looked horrid! ha ha!!  bear_laugh

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago
I did stuff it.....looked horrid! ha ha!!

And all is still not lost: Collect them! These are the ted heads which you practice scissor sculpting and shading or airbrushing, needle felting and a myriad of other techniques on before putting them on the heads which DO turn out right!!!

karenaus Melbourne
Website
rkr4cds wrote:
I did stuff it.....looked horrid! ha ha!!

And all is still not lost: Collect them! These are the ted heads which you practice scissor sculpting and shading or airbrushing, needle felting and a myriad of other techniques on before putting them on the heads which DO turn out right!!!

:dance: High five Bobbie, there's almost never an occasion for tossing a head in the bin!:) or maybe I'm just a cheapskate lol, hate to see mohair wasted bear_grin

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Emma, you didn't waste your time!!! The head might not look the way you want it to look, but you practised and now you know how it doesn't work.
And you never know, one day you might want to make a head that looks like the one you just made and then you know how to do it.

Tatty Bears South Australia

Regret for wasted time is more wasted time. - Mark Twain.
It's not wasted time if you learn from it - Me

Board footer